1. Stallion

OP Stallion Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    When I try to link my Nintendo account, it says:
    Error 2124-4508: The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo.

I know I have been banned from Nintendo servers, I understand I will not be able to link my account or play online, but really I don't care about any of that, my question is one and just one only: with this ban, can I still update my Switch?
    Will my console be able to update it's OFW like normal if I want to? please this is a serious question.

I have SX OS v2.9 with the dongle.

PD: sorry for my bad english.

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    Usually you won't have access to be able to update using the official method via nintendo servers. You should be able to update unofficially however using choidujourNX or I believe SX Installer also does it once it gets updated.

3. Stallion

OP Stallion Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    ISX installer does not update the OFW.

How can I update using choidujourNX? I'm new with this and never have used that program, I have it on my switch tho.

4. dbzmay

dbzmay Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Stallion likes this.
  5. Stallion

OP Stallion Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Just checked that tutorial, it was easy I was scared for nothing, is not that I didn't want to follow it, I just wanted to have a second opinion on this, thanks anyways.

6. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm banned too on every service but I can update my firmware like normal.

7. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 The Anigmatic Anomoly

United States
    heres my error code 2124 4517....temperarily unavailable... i'm not restricted...... gonna research this further

8. SPon23567

SPon23567 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i got banned from the internet in its entirety.
    my switch is not modded or jail broken and i definitely have not violated any of the terms the error code claims i have.
    i cannot even get on the internet period. i never use online services and 97% of the time my switch is on airplane mode.
    wifi works on other devices and my other consoles have not been banned from online services. this is important because when someone is banned outright for a supposed console modding violation [which i deny doing in any way] they have their nintendo ACCOUNT banned not their system, meaning that every device using that account also gets banned.
    right now my switch is the only console banned and it is banned from the internet itself. like literally i cannot update, install, acess, login, or comunicate anything that requires wifi. like i cant even use any internet at all, and it doesnt just affect online game services.
    i am currently waiting for a response from nintendo to see what may be going on, because they clearly havent banned my account, yet my internet services HAVE been banned.

9. ELY_M

ELY_M Developer
    Developer

United States
    I am able to update my banned switch normally with Nintendo servers.

10. aos10

aos10 Yuuki chan

Saudi Arabia
    You can update the system normally if you banned, but you can't update the games.

mickthestud likes this.
  11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    No... That's not how that works. If the account is banned, you simply can't use it on any system, you won't be able to add it. They aren't gonna ban a legit system if you try to add an account previously used on a hacked one.
    In fact, they don't ban accounts, unless you do something really bad like abuse Nintendo CDN to pirate games. Some of the earliest Switch bans were full bans (console + CDN + account), they stopped doing that and now just ban the console.

People who have called Nintendo to ask about using their old account from a banned console on a new one, have been told that's fine to do. So really, there is no risk to using an account from a banned console on a different one. As long as the console and games are legit they have no reason to care.

12. mickthestud

mickthestud GBAtemp Fan

Not always I can’t update switch firmware or game by official means

13. aos10

aos10 Yuuki chan

Saudi Arabia
    True, at first they blocked all access, then they only blocked game updates.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I like how people are assuming there is only one type of ban.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - question, Error,