Error: 022-2634

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MRJPGames, May 7, 2015.

1. MRJPGames
    OP

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Every time I try to use the eShop, update a game or bassicly use any online nintendo service (including nnid settings) I get the 022-2634 error. Does anyone know what exactly it means and how to fix it?

2. greatwizard

greatwizard Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2006
    France
    France
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
  4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    MelonGx likes this.
  5. MRJPGames
    OP

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
  6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I am glad the links I provided were useful.

MRJPGames likes this.
  7. MRJPGames
    OP

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Indeed, thanks!

8. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    how did you fixed it anyway? x3x

9. MRJPGames
    OP

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands

10. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    but I unlinked in emunand :v strangely if I need to log into miiverse (browser) I can't , even trying to get my password again it show like my account don't exist, but you can se it there on miiverse :B
    I also tried to log in on the emunand agai but or I don't remeber my password or they deleted it :v

11. MRJPGames
    OP

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    That's the same problem, as the guy said you can make a decrypted copy of your emunand and than mod it to remove any nnid link. Then just inject that emunand and it should work.

12. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    You literally just have to log in with NNID on the sysnand if the sysnand has NNID in it. I've reformatted my emunand and sysnand and have had them unlinked multiple times. Logging in on the sysnand fixes it. The eshop just checks to see if the console is linked or not.

13. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    ok I will try!

14. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    wel... there arre any tutorial how to extract it? I think I'm noob enough, can't find the opition to get ctrnand.bin :P
    Btw can I unlink in this whay from sysnad? just to let it "clean"?

15. Drowze

Drowze Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Sorry for bumping this old thread... Just to clarify, I am having the same error both on emunand and sysnand. I've tried to restore sysnand and emunand, but the error persists. I didn't have this error before as I had no problems downloading pokemon ORAS update a couple days ago.

I followed those steps, but it seems that NNID info is still there... The pictures below shows the state of my emunand's ctrnand.bin:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Note that I only deleted the file inside the said folders, not the folder itself.

Now the pictures below show what happened when I tried to access the eshop, after having used rxTools to inject ctrnand.bin into emunand:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Note that, even after deleting what supposedly is the EMUNAND's NNID savegame, the 3DS still tries to connect with the assigned NNID.

What am I doing wrong? :( (worth a note, I also tried to import the sysnand to my emunand, update it to the most recent fw (10.1.0-27U) and it still gave me the same error...)

Last edited by Drowze, Dec 11, 2016
  16. videogame57

videogame57 Sword Princess

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Right behind you
    Just to put it out there
    • Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an internet browser to setup an account, accept a use agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi service. If the location requires any of these items, you will not be able to connect to the internet with your Nintendo 3DS system.
    This isn't true.

It will fail to connect, just choose to edit the settings, then save them but don't run a connection test.
    Now just open the browser and setup an account/accept a use agreement/enter a password.

Unless of course your password has an = in it, in which case you're screwed, unless you change your language to Spanish or Portuguese (thanks Nintendo).
    All these system updates and we still can't use the bloody normal keyboard for passwords.

17. Drowze

Drowze Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Oh my god, I made it. After the steps I took (manually deleting NNID gamesave, basically), I only needed to format the emunand. After that, like magic, I could relink my NNID to the emunand and sysnand started to work just fine again <3

18. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for the help, guys! I too, formatted my sysNAND and eshop access gave that 022-2634 error. To fix it, I:

1. Backed up my emuNAND using Decrypt9WIP
    2. Used TinyFormat (Be sure to use it in emuNAND or it will TinyFormat your sysNAND) in my emuNAND and went through the prompts again to setup as a new 3DS.
    3. Logged in via NNID settings and logged into the eshop
    4. Restored my backed up emuNAND and NNID settings and eshop is now working.

Instead of using TinyFormat, you can just delete the file as seen in earlier posts.

Thanks for the help.

Drowze likes this.