Can no longer boot

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also the card have to be empty and preferable if it was newly formatted. I suspect this haven't been done?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also the card have to be empty and preferable if it was newly formatted. I suspect this haven't been done?
The preceding posts indicate that the card has already been formatted and tested. The only thing that hasn't been tried is booting the unit with an SD card that has nothing but boot.firm.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The preceding posts indicate that the card has already been formatted and tested. The only thing that hasn't been tried is booting the unit with an SD card that has nothing but boot.firm.
That means my suggestion with just Luma wouldn't hurt

xsdfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
To be honest, I've never heard of this error before. I don't even know why you would have a "boot.firm.bak" and why your 3DS would prompt you to select it. (Are there other things you can select aside from boot.firm.bak?)
IIRC, CTGP-7 renames your existing "boot.firm" to "boot.firm.bak" and downloads an updated one when updating Luma through it. could be that, it could also be some other updater or OP creating the backup on their own.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot to add that ntrboot can often fix things when all else fails – but you would need an ntrboot flashcart for that.

IIRC, CTGP-7 renames your existing "boot.firm" to "boot.firm.bak" and downloads an updated one when updating Luma through it.
It messes with files on the NAND..? That seems very invasive.

xsdfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It messes with files on the NAND..? That seems very invasive.
oh, I didn't see that the .bak was on the NAND, my bad.
no idea why it's there. I've checked the GM9 Megascript, setting up Luma to NAND doesn't back up the existing boot.firm. the only feasable way for it to be there is either OP making a mistake and copying it over manually or corruption, but I doubt that the NAND is corrupted.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That means my suggestion with just Luma wouldn't hurt
So I copied everything off the SD card and just put boot.firm and boot.3dsx in there.

The environment that I'm booting in now is very similar to the one with boot.firm.bak, except the Luma version now is 13.0.2 and the homebrew launcher actually works.

Now, there's only one question - what's the culprit on the SD card that makes my 3DS refuse to boot?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now, there's only one question - what's the culprit on the SD card that makes my 3DS refuse to boot?
Good question. But all your apps and saves are stored in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, so you can just copy that to your card and then do https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup . Whatever's causing the problem is almost certainly not in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Make sure you delete (or just rename) any existing "Nintendo 3DS" folder before you copy your old folder to the card.

idcwhat3v3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you bricked it? i'm not all that experienced with the 3DS at the moment as all i know how to do is homebrew a 3DS, install CIAs and download new homebrew. oh, and update Luma3DS. actually, is that a thing you tried? if not, then try it!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe you bricked it? i'm not all that experienced with the 3DS at the moment as all i know how to do is homebrew a 3DS, install CIAs and download new homebrew. oh, and update Luma3DS. actually, is that a thing you tried? if not, then try it!
How does one brick a console when they have said it works without the sd card in it? Bricks would mean they cannot boot or make use of the console at all.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
0004013000003802 refer to firmware 9.3.0-21-K so what did you do?

According to this, it's all region. Most likely what you've found is a list of KOR firmware contents, which makes sense that it'd include something found in all regions.
1699587395278.png

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Notice the file with the same name as the error title id?
Now I got a new problem... it boots with my SD card without a problem, but NOTHING has loaded - not the theme, not the games, not ANYTHING except the DSiWare which was already present.

The homebrew launcher loads with all the apps still present, however.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now I got a new problem... it boots with my SD card without a problem, but NOTHING has loaded - not the theme, not the games, not ANYTHING except the DSiWare which was already present.

The homebrew launcher loads with all the apps still present, however.
So what did you do!? Did you copy your old "Nintendo 3DS" folder back to your SD card? Did you delete or rename the old "Nintendo 3DS" folder before you did that, like I suggested? Are we supposed to guess?!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I honestly will drop this thread. The information is lacking and it's obvious you keep us things from helping you do proper troubleshooting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto