Error: 006-0533 Online

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by themperror, Feb 17, 2015.

1. themperror
    OP

themperror GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hey,

My whenever my friend tries to connect online in a game he gets this error: 006-0533
    He isn't the smartest around computers/networking so I tried to help him.

I've googled the error and checked nintendo's error code site, but nothing helped..
    It LOOKS like it's an connection error, But the 3DS browser still works fine (visiting websites works) so he HAS internet, He can also connect to the eshop and download updates/demo's. All of this has been proven.
    However.. As soon as he tries to go online in ANY game, he gets the error, He uses legit game cards, so no sky3ds or gateway. He's also on the latest firmware (9.5.0E?)

After alot of googling and thinking we did the following things:

Delete all connections, then add it again.
    Tried another DNS server (as recommended by Nintendo) (googles DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
    Tried to forward the internet through a PC with wifi dongle (PC has cable internet, hosts a wifi network, 3ds connects to it) (Yes internet sharing was on and he HAS internet this way, proven via eshop and browser), However, still the same error: 006-0533
    He does not have access to his router, But a (router) firewall problem should be excluded as he also tried to connect through his forwarded internet via his PC and his windows firewall was off.

I have no idea what's wrong and stopping him from going online, We really want to play MH4U or Smash together.

2. themperror
    OP

Aug 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Bump

3. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    Does he use flashcarts like GW, Sky? If so then he might have gotten banned.

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    That'd be error code 002-0102.

5. SomecallmeBerto

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA

Yeah it's jsut the issues he is having is a lot like the ban that has been going around which is why I'm asking questions to try to figure out what is going on.

6. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal
    Weird, since he doesn't have a Gateway or SKY3DS...

Call Nintendo and/or try a public hotspot e.g. McDonalds.

I remember I got an error in MK7 back the day and I couldn't ever find anyone to play with except very, very sporadically. Most of the times it would just time out. Turns out it was my shitty ISP's router. I ditched that and bought a DDWRT router and everything was solved. This doesn't seem the case, but it doesn't hurt to try another wifi network.

7. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    What about going to the 3DS Friends list? Does that work?

8. SomecallmeBerto

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA

If you banned no...you will get the same error 006 message

9. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Another proud owner of a Thomson from MEO? eeheh
    Yes, try another router

10. earny

earny GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    France
  11. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia

Damn, I was just gonna post this. I don't get it why most people can't use the error code lookup on nintendo's website, everything's explained there.

12. SomecallmeBerto

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA

The error codes are so vague at best.

13. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal

Nintendo can't account for every router config possible. Most that people use at home are terrible excuses for a router given to them by the ISP's with barely no good port forwarding set up, hence the frustration when playing online games.

Vodafone, but same router. Absolute trash.

14. themperror
    OP

Aug 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    He doesn't have any flash cards,

And we kinda ruled out router problems by routing his internet through his PC, he has the same ISP as me so that should be the problem.

He can access his friends list and can see me online. Just all online features in any game are unaccessible as it will give the error..

Also I can ask him to try another access point somewhere but that won't happen for atleast a week

15. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Router model please :)