Hacking Error: 006-0533 Online

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

My whenever my friend tries to connect online in a game he gets this error: 006-0533
He isn't the smartest around computers/networking so I tried to help him.

I've googled the error and checked nintendo's error code site, but nothing helped..
It LOOKS like it's an connection error, But the 3DS browser still works fine (visiting websites works) so he HAS internet, He can also connect to the eshop and download updates/demo's. All of this has been proven.
However.. As soon as he tries to go online in ANY game, he gets the error, He uses legit game cards, so no sky3ds or gateway. He's also on the latest firmware (9.5.0E?)

After alot of googling and thinking we did the following things:

Delete all connections, then add it again.
Tried another DNS server (as recommended by Nintendo) (googles DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
Tried to forward the internet through a PC with wifi dongle (PC has cable internet, hosts a wifi network, 3ds connects to it) (Yes internet sharing was on and he HAS internet this way, proven via eshop and browser), However, still the same error: 006-0533
He does not have access to his router, But a (router) firewall problem should be excluded as he also tried to connect through his forwarded internet via his PC and his windows firewall was off.

I have no idea what's wrong and stopping him from going online, We really want to play MH4U or Smash together.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird, since he doesn't have a Gateway or SKY3DS...

Call Nintendo and/or try a public hotspot e.g. McDonalds.

I remember I got an error in MK7 back the day and I couldn't ever find anyone to play with except very, very sporadically. Most of the times it would just time out. Turns out it was my shitty ISP's router. I ditched that and bought a DDWRT router and everything was solved. This doesn't seem the case, but it doesn't hurt to try another wifi network.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird, since he doesn't have a Gateway or SKY3DS...

Call Nintendo and/or try a public hotspot e.g. McDonalds.

I remember I got an error in MK7 back the day and I couldn't ever find anyone to play with except very, very sporadically. Most of the times it would just time out. Turns out it was my shitty ISP's router. I ditched that and bought a DDWRT router and everything was solved. This doesn't seem the case, but it doesn't hurt to try another wifi network.
Another proud owner of a Thomson from MEO? eeheh
Yes, try another router

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
it's definitely a network error : http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/errorcode/0060533.html

http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/errorcode/0060533.html

as the previous post said, try a different hotspot. because your friend might have trouble with his isp router

Damn, I was just gonna post this. I don't get it why most people can't use the error code lookup on nintendo's website, everything's explained there.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The error codes are so vague at best.

Nintendo can't account for every router config possible. Most that people use at home are terrible excuses for a router given to them by the ISP's with barely no good port forwarding set up, hence the frustration when playing online games.

Another proud owner of a Thomson from MEO? eeheh
Yes, try another router

Vodafone, but same router. Absolute trash.

themperror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He doesn't have any flash cards,

And we kinda ruled out router problems by routing his internet through his PC, he has the same ISP as me so that should be the problem.

He can access his friends list and can see me online. Just all online features in any game are unaccessible as it will give the error..

Also I can ask him to try another access point somewhere but that won't happen for atleast a week

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
He doesn't have any flash cards,

And we kinda ruled out router problems by routing his internet through his PC, he has the same ISP as me so that should be the problem.

He can access his friends list and can see me online. Just all online features in any game are unaccessible as it will give the error..

Also I can ask him to try another access point somewhere but that won't happen for atleast a week
Router model please :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol