Hacking Enter last folder on boot question

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard2 by default boots up in the last folder you were in, right?

But mine only does it if I load a game.

If I go into a folder, then turn the DS off while still in the AceKard menu, and then turn it back on, it will be back at the root menu.

Is this normal for everyone?

Thanks!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, It only saves the folder if you load a rom, otherwise there'd be a write to the sd every time you change folders (not good for your sd card).

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any way to disable that, or at least make the responsible file read-only so it won't be able to write what folder I was in last?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would also be nice to be able to set a shortcut for a folder (the Bliss menu allows you to set one for a file but not a folder).

Also, why would it go back to the menu that shows the "MicroSD Card" and "Slot2 Card" if you don't load a ROM rather than to the last menu you loaded a ROM from?

-Bri

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normatt: Makes sense. It'd be bad for your card if you're constantly changing folders. But I think most of us stay in the same folder, but once in a while turn the DS off and back off without choosing a game (for whatever reason).

Destructobot: I agree. An option to choose a startup folder would be great.

Searinox: Edit the _ak/globalsettings.ini file and put a zero (0) next to the line "enterlastdironboot".

Bri: Bri brings up a good question. Is the OS configured to go out of the way to "forget" your last folder everytime you turn it on?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bri said:
It would also be nice to be able to set a shortcut for a folder (the Bliss menu allows you to set one for a file but not a folder).

Also, why would it go back to the menu that shows the "MicroSD Card" and "Slot2 Card" if you don't load a ROM rather than to the last menu you loaded a ROM from?

-Bri

AKBBS lets you set a folder as a shortcut, so does the AKAIO (not released yet, hasn't been tested on korean ak2 yet). Not sure why it resets the folderback to the default on launch, when we release AKAIO we'll make sure it doesnt do that.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bliss definitely resets the "last visited" folder if you shut off the NDS without launching anything (as long as you launch something, it will correctly return to the "last visited" menu the next time you boot it). I would expect the behavior to be that if you don't launch anything, it would return to the last menu from which you launched something. For example:

1. Launch a game from the "games" menu.
2. Reset. The AK2 will return to the "games" menu. So far so good.
3. Don't launch a game. Reset. The AK2 now goes to the "main" folder instead of the "games" folder as expected.

It seems to be reading and clearing the "last visited" folder at bootup, whereas I would expect it to leave it until you launch something else (at which time the "last visited" folder is replaced with the current folder).

I haven't tried it with the official menu.

Bliss also doesn't give you the option of creating a shortcut of a folder.

BTW, can't wait for AKAIO! Hurry up testing that Korean version!

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay