Homebrew Enquiries on setting up Wii U Homebrew

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am going to shorten this as I read up most of it now.
Please can anyone help me answer these:

1. Can I use my HDD to store my Wii U, Wii and GC games (Basically all the games).
2. Where is the best place to download the Wii u isos?
3. Can I still play online e.g. Smash Wii U?

Please can anyone advise. Thank you.

Last edited by DynastyVic,

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello

I am going to shorten this as I read up most of it now.
Please can anyone help me answer these:

1. Can I use my HDD to store my Wii U, Wii and GC games (Basically all the games).
2. Where is the best place to download the Wii u isos?
3. Can I still play online e.g. Smash Wii U?

Please can anyone advise. Thank you.
Hola.
1. Of course not. but you can use an Usb or Hdd for both Wii and GC games. (besides that, u need a Hdd or Usb only for Wii U games).
2. The Wii u games don´t come in Iso.format... (at least if you are planning to install them with *Wup Installer, as i do.
3. Yes, you can play all the Wii U games online...

Last edited by Escorpion,

internetdweller3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola.
1. Of course not. but you can use an Usb or Hdd for both Wii and GC games. (besides that, u need a Hdd or Usb only for Wii U games).
2. The Wii u games don´t come in Iso.format... (at least if you are planning to install them with *Wup Installer, as i do.
3. Yes, you can play all the Wii U games online...
Wrong, number 1, it is possible to have Wii, gc, and Wii u with this tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I read through that. It only mentions Wii and GC games. Nothing about Wii U.

Also where do we get hold of the wii u games to download?
First of all, go to that "ticket database URL", and download the ticket for the Wii U game that you wish. Then, you can use any download program from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
Personally i use JNUSTool Gui Mod, or Wii U USB Helper. Wii U USB Helper is nice and easy to use it, even let you download updates for the games.

internetdweller3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, go to that "ticket database URL", and download the ticket for the Wii U game that you wish. Then, you can use any download program from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
Personally i use JNUSTool Gui Mod, or Wii U USB Helper. Wii U USB Helper is nice and easy to use it, even let you download updates for the games.
Wii USB Helper is down, and Funkii UI is pretty good as well

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You´re councils for him, are more complicated than mine... trust me.
What do you mean?

Some of these sound very complicated. So far I haven't put homebrew on my wii u due to fear of bricking.

Currently I want to put about 40 wii games and it would be better to put them on a hard drive but I want to put most of the wii u games on there as I only had like 5 of them.

internetdweller3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii u has to format the hhd into order for it to store things onto it, meaning you had to have had a second hhd for wii and gamecube. With the injector, it allows you to inject wii and gamecube games into icons onto the system and is stored on the wii u hhd.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone recommend a set up for homebrew?
There seems to be different guides and each one seems to have varying results as now the patches may have made them obsolete in a way.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can someone recommend a set up for homebrew?
There seems to be different guides and each one seems to have varying results as now the patches may have made them obsolete in a way.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/
This is the recent updated one, is the best for you. You just have to be patient, and follow the guide step by step.
Psdt: for the latest 5.5.2 firmware version is a little more tedious, but it can be done too.

Last edited by Escorpion,

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, the post helped a lot.
The only issue I am running is that any games that have dlcs or updates don't seem to install at all.
The steps don't completely help and I hear it is not recommended to download coot boot as I could brick my console.
I currently got to haxichi cfw but I can't seem to download certain games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: why not report the website to em?