Mario0504

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a Sky3DS+ flashcard.

Is there any way I can run the latest Emunand (current one is 10.7) without GW? My requirement is to play GBA on Virtual Console. Now I'm on Sysnand 10.7 and will downgrade it to 9.2 since I know that I must have Sysnand 9.2 or below in order to use VC with GBA roms.

But I still want to have 10.7 with Emunand for more recent 3DS games. My final goal is to have Sysnand with 9.2 while Emunand with 10.7 or latest. Can I do this without using GW?

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a Sky3DS+ flashcard.

Is there any way I can run the latest Emunand (current one is 10.7) without GW? My requirement is to play GBA on Virtual Console. Now I'm on Sysnand 10.7 and will downgrade it to 9.2 since I know that I must have Sysnand 9.2 or below in order to use VC with GBA roms.

But I still want to have 10.7 with Emunand for more recent 3DS games. My final goal is to have Sysnand with 9.2 while Emunand with 10.7 or latest. Can I do this without using GW?
Of course. Don't waste your money on a company that bricks people when they use their software, use emunand9 and a9lh and aureinand.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
The process to downgrade to 9.2 its to make a free CFW...and you dun need any gw for that. ..only a entrypoint to execute The CFW. ..and you have sky. ..so you have ninjhax and oothax

Mario0504

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering emunand9, but I'm confused whether emunand9 is a CFW or just a tool to manage CFW. Anyway, which CFWs are recommended now?

Mario0504

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The process to downgrade to 9.2 its to make a free CFW...and you dun need any gw for that. ..only a entrypoint to execute The CFW. ..and you have sky. ..so you have ninjhax and oothax
After downgrading to 9.2 and making a free CFW with emunand 10.7, can I upgrade my Sysnand back to the latest 10.7 without affected my emunand?

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After downgrading to 9.2 and making a free CFW with emunand 10.7, can I upgrade my Sysnand back to the latest 10.7 without affected my emunand?
No
No
No
Update emunand
Kill sysnand internet connection
Don't hack in sysnand
Abandon sysnand
Leave it be dammit

Last edited by seijinshu,

Mario0504

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Bear with me a few more stupid questions:

1. a9lh = arm9loaderhax?
2. aureinand = ReiNand?

I guess I start to know where I should go : Downgrade Sysnand from 10.7 to 9.2 using Sky3DS+ -> Make emunand partition with emunand9 -> install arm9loaderhax -> Set up ReiNand OR Cakes CFW. There must be much more steps but I believe the high level processes are right. Correct?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you! Bear with me a few more stupid questions:

1. a9lh = arm9loaderhax?
2. aureinand = ReiNand?

I guess I start to know where I should go : Downgrade Sysnand from 10.7 to 9.2 using Sky3DS+ -> Make emunand partition with emunand9 -> install arm9loaderhax -> Set up ReiNand OR Cakes CFW. There must be much more steps but I believe the high level processes are right. Correct?
1. Yes
2. No. Reinand = non-a9lh CFW, AuReinand = a9lh CFW.

Use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and follow it to the letter. I would tell you to allow a whole day without distractions to complete the process, but some improvements have been added to the guide since I followed it which may cut down on the time. In which case I would say to allow a few hours.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes
2. No. Reinand = non-a9lh CFW, AuReinand = a9lh CFW.

Use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and follow it to the letter. I would tell you to allow a whole day without distractions to complete the process, but some improvements have been added to the guide since I followed it which may cut down on the time. In which case I would say to allow a few hours.

2. ReiNAND = N3DS firmware only currently (A9LH Support), AuReiNAND = O3DS & N3DS support along with A9LH

Mario0504

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I will be able to use VC to run GBA, can I import my existing saving files so I don't need start a new game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?