Emulation Emulators WIIU or vWII?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At this moment I have my vWII set up for all my emulation needs.

Are there any advantages of setting up the wiiu itself for this purpose? Better emulation? In the rare occasion that there will be a framedrop on vwii, will that be mitigated on the wiiu one?
Other reasons?

Or just stay with the wii/vwii?

Jaspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what you mean, specifically. Some emulators work better on vWii, like N64 emulation works better, from what I can remember. However, some people prefer emulating on the Wii U itself just for convenience and not having to go into vWii every time (with the exception of GameCube emulation since that has to go into vWii anyways).

I suppose just stick with vWii. I don't think you'll be missing much if you do, unless you want to emulate something like PSP, which can only really be done through the Wii U, not vWii.

Reactions: anthony_link

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmm... I say that you should go for Wii U. First of all you got the offscreen option, second, you can play right off the bat on the Gamepad, and right now almost every emulator is Gamepad compatible. There are even some Wii titles that have been adapted to Gamepad completely, like Resident Evil 4 for example.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
go for wiiu mode for sure, you can overclock wii emulators like 2ii64/not64 wiisx and get much better FPS on those, for earlier system and such wiiu retroarch runs everything until 16bit smoothly and no slowdows even on intensive gba/snes games.

anthony_link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
At this moment I have my vWII set up for all my emulation needs.

Are there any advantages of setting up the wiiu itself for this purpose? Better emulation? In the rare occasion that there will be a framedrop on vwii, will that be mitigated on the wiiu one?
Other reasons?

Or just stay with the wii/vwii?
Well, at least in my own experience, some games have a significant improvement. The resolution is better in most of them, but in other games the resolution is as bad as in the originals e.g. Ratatouille vWII and Nintendont, Okami, just for mention some examples.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1