Hacking Emulated NAND for Rock Band 2 DLC

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
stfnz said:
grrkodiak said:
Remove your SD card while the game is loading, also are you loading RB2 using ios 223. This works for me. It seems that RB2 looks for a SD Card even when loading from Uloader.

Are you using an Original copy of RB2

I think it does load the content, as it takes several minutes to get past the screen with the guy hitting the drums.

And no, it is a backup. I did see that people suggest using the original copy though, but what exactly is the difference?

There's no difference! I've been using a backup for a long time as RB2 PAL took forever to be released. Never had a problem with it!
Plus, as far as uLoader is a BACKUP loader you should be fine using a backup copy...

stfnz said:
wiifan420 said:
Edit 2: Apparently the system menu doesnt matter. 3.2U here and I finally managed to get the emulated nand dlc working. The key for me was to install the game to a wbfs partition. The DLC was found right away and all is working well. Try this anyone who cant get it to work from a retail or backup disc.

Cool Ill try that tomorrow. I was first trying to go it through a USB HDD, but that gave all sorts of problems. Maybe a SD card will work..

Btw, my NAND is 200mb, does anyone know if there is any way to get rid of stuff I dont need to save some space?
I think you can get rid of everything except your RB2 save and your DLC.
Backup your DLC (tickets + title) totally erase your nand, put your DLC back in, launch uLoader and copy your RB2 save this way, try...
If it doesn't work then use ShowMiiWads to delete every title but RB2 DLC.

QUOTE(choizmeatz @ Mar 22 2010, 09:27 PM)
can someone help me on my problem? when I tried to convert .bin to .app (NAND readable files), using decrypter, I got an error saying something like "00000d2.app file or directory not found"

Thanks.
You have to use Parannoyed DLC packer/unpacker!
Put the unpacker + your .bin files in the same folder and run "recrypt_all.bat" (or whatever it's called) then you must have a folder containing your .app and a tmd. Even if you've got an error this should work!

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had all my dlc working by downloading it all to the nand, then dumping the nand, copy to hard drive, repeat.
One day in WiiXplorer I deleted something i shouldnt have, and it "broke" that nand in uloader.

Now I'm trying the same method with no luck. No DLC in my tracklist though it was on the nand when I dumped it.
Also, my purchased DLC in the shop (Yes, actually purchased) isnt being shown as bought.

Anyone else had this problem?

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have some older NAND dumps or backups? You certainly should.

You probably deleted the file that hold the info on what DLC you have. The one that the "mark all DLC as purchased" changes. I'm not sure exactly which that is though.

You can try to re-download a couple of songs and see if that fixes it.

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DLd some songs and dumped the nand again(full dump) using simplefs dumper. The songs still dont show up in uloader.
I really dont know what could be wrong.

edit: Fixed it. For some reason it wont work set to nand2. Was trying to have wiiware installed to nand and RB2 dlc on nand2.

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone got some of the newer songs working? I cant get the lady gaga songs,some of the hendrix songs, and some of the white stripes. they just wont show up in uloader

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i found that you have to use the szxe wads each time a new pack gets on the wii to unlock them all, basically do the whole process start to finish over

memzinla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I've been reading this but I'm confused. I am new to all this and would like to move my DLC to a hard drive. Is there an easy way to do this? Can someone PM me an easy way to do this? The way it was said here and in another thread confused me. I am a noob at this.

memzinla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THanks!
biggrin.gif

I finally got the game to load my DLC from the hard drive. Now I can't add new DLC. I did the same steps as before. Do I have to keep making NAND dumps before I add new songs? Or what do I have to do?

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after you make your first full dump, then you can do minimal dumps. Just merge the folders and dont "replace" anything.
Works for me.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i have updated the DLC for rockband for ages, i have a load of DLC that i have been storing on 2 SD cards, and running them from that. I now want to place all my DLC on my USB drive. As i have had to get my console ID and convert all the dlc before (so it works without actually buying the dlc), do still need to do this agian so the dlc works of the USB drive, i shall also be running the RB2 via dvd disc, rather than any loaders. What steps do i need to take to move my dlc over from my SD to USB drive??

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just move them right over. You shouldn't need to do anything more to it.

At least as long as you're using the SD cards as emulated NAND, and not just normal DLC anyway...

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, hope you can help me shed some light on this on this one:

The Beatles Rockband dlc content works fine and plays with no problems after downloading dl'ing using RB pc tools.
All DLC from Guitar Hero 5 also works fine after downloading using GH pc tools.

I have not tampered with my pal shop channel, nor have i installed any unlock content wads for each rb2 gen!

I have used:
FSToolbox full dump to get the above workin and have it on my fat32 partition in 'nand' folder.
Rock Band 2 PC Tools AND Guitar Hero PC Tools. All games are set to run through cios 223.

It's now semi working. but Rockband 2 DLC is the only one that's still not working at all & still says : there was an error indexing add-on content.
Please visit the music store and re-download an item of add-on content.
The dlc does not show in the quickplay list but appears as "downloaded" (NOT "purchased" in the wii store)
I get the usual errors when trying to redownload the content!

I've installed Hermes Rev5 IOSs with these bases:
* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
* IOS224 with base IOS57
* IOS202 with base IOS60

I am also using U-Loader app V.5.
(I'm also on Pal 4.2E)

Also in U-loader V.5 everything is set correctly as other beatles & GH5 dlc are working fine. I have individually tried Gen1 & Gen3 RB2 DLC and get the same prob.

U-Loader seems to copy the save file over from my wii withought any probs but i hear U-Loader does'nt copy the save data across properly on some wii's so thats the only thing i could think of that may be causing the prob.

The wii itself does not hold any DLC at the moment RB2 iso on wbfs is PAL and the DLC i got using PC Tools is definately PAL too! I am not using CIOSCORP!!!! I have not anstalled any wads as 'wiifan420' mentioned earlier i just moved the .app files,title,tickets etc manually by copy and pasted them to usb drive.

Is anyone else having the same problem as me as I'm having trouble finding others with a similar problem to my own.(Both on google or GBAtemp or other wii forums

Can anyone suggest how i can sort out this prob?

Thanks in advance!

WaxTrax!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a pretty odd problem. I got everything mostly working -- I have 919 DLC songs from RB2 running off my FAT32 drive in a NAND folder (using uLoader 5.0 to load the disc).

When I go to the music store using this method, I can't download anything (which is fine, that's not the problem), but it DOES show as having every single track downloaded (not just purchased -- actually downloaded). However, when I go into quick play mode, a few of the tracks don't show up (even though I manually downloaded the specific songs that aren't showing up). For example, two very recent tracks, American Music by the Violent Femmes, and Tomorrow by Silverchair: American Music shows up, but Tomorrow doesn't, even though they are both on the drive and from the same series (series 4).

Any ideas?

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
WaxTrax! said:
I have a pretty odd problem. I got everything mostly working -- I have 919 DLC songs from RB2 running off my FAT32 drive in a NAND folder (using uLoader 5.0 to load the disc).

When I go to the music store using this method, I can't download anything (which is fine, that's not the problem), but it DOES show as having every single track downloaded (not just purchased -- actually downloaded). However, when I go into quick play mode, a few of the tracks don't show up (even though I manually downloaded the specific songs that aren't showing up). For example, two very recent tracks, American Music by the Violent Femmes, and Tomorrow by Silverchair: American Music shows up, but Tomorrow doesn't, even though they are both on the drive and from the same series (series 4).

Any ideas?
Your save files need to be updated. When you finished downloading a song, there is a screen saying "Saving.........". That's why there is a "update save" in the Uloader config screen.
Download one of the latest song from the music store using your real nand and update your save file with Uloader. FSToolbox or savegame manger.

memzinla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem. The new songs that came out today don't appear when I load from Uloader and I updated the save file.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
memzinla said:
I am having the same problem. The new songs that came out today don't appear when I load from Uloader and I updated the save file.

When you download the 3 latest songs to your real nand and extract them with FSToolbox, you will notice 7 app files and 1 tmd file. All this need to be moved to the correct folder overwriting any existing files. One of the app file is the data file and need to be overwritten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You don't even have to take them. Once you buy them you can't afford food anyway.