I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
matthewd997 said:
ok, I just finished learning the programming language called BASIC - is this enough to make simple DS programs?

You "just finished learned the programming language called BASIC"?

Let me lay some enlightenment on you; nobody is finished learning ANY language. Even after programming for over 15 years I still refer to the language reference for assistance.

If you want to make DS applications, you need to learn how the DS interprets code, teach yourself C (or C++), learn how to read in Assembly, and then try again in a year or two.

--Henry

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really want to get some executable code running, look into DragonBASIC. It's an implementation of BASIC on the GBA, though it's not nearly as powerful as C or ASM would be. Of course you wouldn't be able to run your programs from a slot-1 device, but at least you'd get some indication that your programming worked. Download the tutorials and work through them to get a basic idea of how to use it.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matthewd997 said:
ok, I just finished learning the programming language called BASIC - is this enough to make simple DS programs?

lol, its like hes that one robot from that one movie. short circuit or somthin. He just looked up a laungage and read it in like a day and learend the entire thing and is ready for more input.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
If you really want to get some executable code running, look into DragonBASIC. It's an implementation of BASIC on the GBA, though it's not nearly as powerful as C or ASM would be. Of course you wouldn't be able to run your programs from a slot-1 device, but at least you'd get some indication that your programming worked. Download the tutorials and work through them to get a basic idea of how to use it.
There's DSBASIC.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot about DSBASIC, yes. However, it was my understanding that DSBASIC was rather limited in the amount of DS-specific stuff you could do, while DragonBASIC has you controlling a good portion of the GBA hardware directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.