Editing DS Rom Sprites?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Wyden, Mar 28, 2010.

Mar 28, 2010

Editing DS Rom Sprites? by Wyden at 5:27 PM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Wyden
    OP

Newcomer Wyden Member

Netherlands
    ---Note: before you flame this the hell out of me, this topic is relevant to this sub forum---

this question has been unanswered for a really long time now.. how to i edit rom sprites (title screens, logos, Weapons Ect) i think i found them in the rom i unpacked but not a single program (i've googled) can open them, crystaltile can't either (or i'm doing something wrong, idk)

can anyone help me?

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Which game are you trying to edit the sprites of?

Anyways, I suggest you ask FAST6191, he's a pro when it comes to these kinds of things.

3. Wyden
    OP

Newcomer Wyden Member

Netherlands
    oh lord, i read his guide, overwhelmed me and failed to provide an answer to my question, maybe i'm just stupid [​IMG]

Edit; Multiple games really, i want to give phoenix wright a mustache (all defense attorneys have mustache's)

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I didn't mean you'd have to read the guide and do nothing else, you could PM him with any questions you have and as long as you stay nice, I'm sure he'll be glad to help you! [​IMG]

EDIT: Phoenix Wright with a 'stache? [​IMG]

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I remember deufeufeu did a lot of work with PW games and they were not as trivial to hack as some others- the characters themselves were some kind of composite image based on odd "tile" sizes (arms were one section, the body another- you could cycle between images to make an illusion of movement).

His site has long vanished/been broken but http://mist.in/gratia/ro/spr/deufeufeu_files/ might have some stuff and you can poke around some of his threads from this site too.

Normally it is somewhat easier and crystaltile2 has some options that can make it even easier when SDK formats come into play.PW games are about as hard as it gets for this sort of thing.