ROM Hack Tile editing help

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm working on a fan translation of the ds version of the game "puyo puyo fever 2", and after 2 years, i was finally able to see any of the sprites
The problem is, i was able to open them with a tile editor(specifically tile molester), but i don't know how to get the images and palettes out so i can edit them
(Image is how those files appear on the tile editor. This specifically is the sega/sonic team logo. The images are 8bpp according to a closed forum posts from 2013 and the palettes are right above the sprites)

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (236).png
    Captura de Tela (236).png
    117.4 KB · Views: 24

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The sprites are probably compressed somehow, in which case you'll need to decompress them in order to view them properly. There is no easy way to do this except to try to look at what might have been done with similar games.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The sprites are probably compressed somehow, in which case you'll need to decompress them in order to view them properly. There is no easy way to do this except to try to look at what might have been done with similar games.
That's actually one of the things i thought could've happened, and that's why i want to know how to export them. If it's compressed it's likely lz00 since that's the only type of compression this game(and some others ds puyo puyo games) use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol