Hacking EDGE Flashcard Help!

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I recently bought a EDGE DS flashcard, to replace my Fake R4... (I now hate R4 in all shape and form...) and on the manual it says it can connect with the Wii, so I was like "Yay, More Pokemon for my ranch!" so I tried it just now, it connects and when it is on the screen "Connected to DS" my DS's screen is Blank... I don't know it could be a Bad ROM or something like that but is there any fix? Thanks in advance!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And the G6 Real, not that you can buy those any more. AFAIK, this only applies to Pokemon games. The other game or two with Wii connectivity should work with pretty much any flashcart (Geometry Wars does anyway).

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting... And I quote the EDGE's online Manual

QUOTE said:
Game Sharing
Original NDS cartridges may offer a game sharing function, where only one physical game
cartridge is required for two system owners to play the same game. EDGE offers exactly the
same functionality and game sharing is enabled in exactly the same manner as a regular game
cart.
Some games offer a feature where they can connect with a Nintendo Wii console (currently
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl support this feature). Naturally, EDGE allows this feature to function in
exactly the same manner as a regular game cart.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This wouldn't be the first time a flashcart has had low down dirty lies in its advertised features. Then again, I don't have any personal experience with the EDGE or the Wii, so I can't claim that I know for a fact it doesn't work. I've just never heard of it working on any carts other than the Cyclo Evo and the G6 Real.

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it is working better with the Wii than my stupid R4 ever did, so you never know, maybe there will be an update making it work with the Wii...

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, the EDGE is basically a CycloDS clone, so as you've experiences connecting to the wii doesn't fail completely but yeah it's not a fully working feature.
Though the team around EDGE have been very reliable when it comes to adding features they promised but didn't deliver (Oh the irony XD), like they did with skin-support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work