EDGE Flashcard Help!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by DarkIain, Aug 5, 2008.

Aug 5, 2008

EDGE Flashcard Help! by DarkIain at 11:08 AM (1,345 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DarkIain
    OP

Newcomer DarkIain Member

Australia
    Okay, so I recently bought a EDGE DS flashcard, to replace my Fake R4... (I now hate R4 in all shape and form...) and on the manual it says it can connect with the Wii, so I was like "Yay, More Pokemon for my ranch!" so I tried it just now, it connects and when it is on the screen "Connected to DS" my DS's screen is Blank... I don't know it could be a Bad ROM or something like that but is there any fix? Thanks in advance!

2. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    There isn't, the edge can't connect to the wii. Only the cyclods can.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    And the G6 Real, not that you can buy those any more. AFAIK, this only applies to Pokemon games. The other game or two with Wii connectivity should work with pretty much any flashcart (Geometry Wars does anyway).

4. DarkIain
    OP

Newcomer DarkIain Member

Australia
    Interesting... And I quote the EDGE's online Manual

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    This wouldn't be the first time a flashcart has had low down dirty lies in its advertised features. Then again, I don't have any personal experience with the EDGE or the Wii, so I can't claim that I know for a fact it doesn't work. I've just never heard of it working on any carts other than the Cyclo Evo and the G6 Real.

6. DarkIain
    OP

Newcomer DarkIain Member

Australia
    Well it is working better with the Wii than my stupid R4 ever did, so you never know, maybe there will be an update making it work with the Wii...

7. evoo1

Member evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Well, the EDGE is basically a CycloDS clone, so as you've experiences connecting to the wii doesn't fail completely but yeah it's not a fully working feature.
    Though the team around EDGE have been very reliable when it comes to adding features they promised but didn't deliver (Oh the irony XD), like they did with skin-support.