Ecuador grants Assange asylum: Swedish government reacted

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
OP
Trophies
XP
Yes, Assange got sued for consensual sex with two women, without using condoms and I dont know why it is illegal in Sweden, but it is clearly an excuse to lock Assange.

The problem is (as Emigre mentioned) deceiving the women over the use of condoms. You know, lying about something that could lead to pregnancy or STDs. That's pretty serious.

You can deceive a woman about that only if she is blind and has taken a pain killer

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Assange got sued for consensual sex with two women, without using condoms and I dont know why it is illegal in Sweden, but it is clearly an excuse to lock Assange.

The problem is (as Emigre mentioned) deceiving the women over the use of condoms. You know, lying about something that could lead to pregnancy or STDs. That's pretty serious.

You can deceive a woman about that only if she is blind and has taken a pain killer

Because it's just that simple. Yup.

D

Deleted_171835

So I'm seeing a bunch of right wing "entertainers" which are not immediately involved with politics, people who are basically disenchanted at this point with politics, and some army people. None of them have the power to do this.

I'm sure most of the nation would be okay with having the Dark Knight Rises shooter hung in the town square like Mussolini but that isn't happening.
The general American public probably wouldn't bat an eye at him getting executed but you're right in that it isn't likely that they'll do that.

But WTF (the CIA's WikiLeaks Task Force) have been building a case against Assange for a while now. If he gets extradited to the US, the outcome isn't going to pretty for him.

http://www.guardian....ctivists-mounts

Correct if I'm wrong here. The charges Assange is facing Swedan is over the use of condoms. Allegedly he agreed to use condoms with the women but he didn't. the sex itself was consensual. And the US had asked the Swedish prosecution department to look re-examine Assange's case after it was initially dropped. In the UK, I'm almost sure what Assange allegedly did wouldn't even reach a court.
That's correct.

One of the accusers bragged about having sex with Assange on Twitter. Shortly after, she deleted all her tweets. Another woman already said that she didn't intend for him to be charged with rap(e). Oh and you know the vital piece of evidence, a torn condom. That was "kept" for a week even though the victim had no intention of going to the police. The case reeks of bullshit.
http://www.guardian....-assange-sweden

@[member='Gahars']: There is no way Interpol will issue an arrest warrant and the UK threaten to raid an embassy (violating the Vienna Convention while doing so) simply for having sex without a condom.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Gahars']: There is no way Interpol will issue an arrest warrant and the UK threaten to raid an embassy (violating the Vienna Convention while doing so) simply for having sex without a condom.

I never said they should or would... or anything about that at all, actually.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='soulx']

Your first link appears to be broken BTW.

I think the public would care. I mean the US isn't thirsty for blood, they rarely are. We still keep Charles Manson behind bars, same with John Lennon's killer and, as I mentioned, The Dark Knight Rises shooter.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have some reckoning here but odds are it'd be a prison sentence, not an execution like you said.

Reactions: 1 person

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see how you can get executed for espionage.

EDIT: I take that back. U.S. executed a communist couple for espionage back in 1953.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

EDIT: I take that back. U.S. executed a communist couple for espionage back in 1953.

Technically it can be considered treason as well. Nowadays though we usually reserve execution for homicide-related incidents.
Treason wouldn't really apply since Assange is not citizen of the USA. Generally treason would imply betraying a group or society you yourself belong to. USA is neither of those to Assange.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Technically it can be considered treason as well. Nowadays though we usually reserve execution for homicide-related incidents.
Treason wouldn't really apply since Assange is not citizen of the USA. Generally treason would imply betraying a group or society you yourself belong to. USA is neither of those to Assange.

My bad, I thought he was US native.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.