Julian Assange is refused to bail out while staying in jail.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I have to spell that out to you, then you must really be clueless. Did you know, that he threatened to release various passwords to certain encrypted files critical to national security if he was arrested (or prosecuted or something like that)? What do you call that?

I say a slug in his head should end it once and for all. I'd even volunteer to do it.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Pyrate02 said:
Assange is a criminal. I'd have him executed or assassinated if I could.
On what grounds?

of him believing the corrupted, twisted, and impressionable

MEDIA.

however!!

this does has some truth....why didn't he leak out things that had to do with Goldman-Sachs running the world?

or Documents pointing to a World Bank? (he says he has em)

that can inform and empower the people about what the government is plotting against them.

not highly classified documents that mean nothing!!

he is a criminal in that aspect...

oh...the word "National Security*" = "their" best interest

*may not be involved with the actual "security" of the nation

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
it's ironic that after he released these "diplomacy" documents, these charges just "appeared"
They didn't. The article states they were filed a month ago, but someone botched the paperwork and it took them this long to get around to fixing it.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
it's ironic that after he released these "diplomacy" documents, these charges just "appeared"
They didn't. The article states they were filed a month ago, but someone botched the paperwork and it took them this long to get around to fixing it.
While the charges are old, they did appear just after another set of documents was leaked.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pyrate02 said:
If I have to spell that out to you, then you must really be clueless. Did you know, that he threatened to release various passwords to certain encrypted files critical to national security if he was arrested (or prosecuted or something like that)? What do you call that?

I say a slug in his head should end it once and for all. I'd even volunteer to do it.
And you don't think he's smart enough to realize this and that other people he can trust know the passwords too? Besides as Assange said he's just a 'lightning rod'. I don't see you offering to shoot a slug into the heads of all the people who actually leaked the information in the first place, so I'd say he's doing his job well, wouldn't you?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there were a few more Julians out there. It would cause governments and corporations to clean their acts up. Not a bad thing IMO.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pyrate02 said:

you don't quite understand the correct statement that is proposed to the answer.
Assange is not a criminal...
infact. i mark him as a Hero
that and the freedom of media is here at hand.
if this will not be given at hand then that means there is no freedom of media...
and about that [censored] case...
question.
how can you be raped when you are twittering at the same time you get raped ?
figure that out
glare.gif

P.S. this subject is kept on the subject.....even though words which are not good in it...
though it even states in the quoto post at the frontpage

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe the fucking stupidity of people hating this man. You know what happened?

He is the figurehead for a group showing a little bit of what the world is doing fucking wrong.

What happens?

People ignore the people causing problems, and want to stop the person showing all of it. Him putting people in danger? They were always in danger. Just now more know about it. The way to fix it isn't by shutting everyone up and keeping everyone in danger--you fix it by never putting them there in the first place. Free information doesn't cost lives unless people are put wrongly in a position where they shouldn't be.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm highly suspicious of the motives of Wikileaks. One of Wikileaks main monetary supporters is George Soros. If you look at the information leaked it's not anything that a policy expert wouldn't tell you on a Saturday morning. I would put forth the idea that the Wikileaks scandal was engineered to censor the internet and clamp down on information freedom in the same manor that the Chinese have.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
You know, there's a reason the government keeps files and documents locked away so they aren't publicly available. If they meant the information to be viewed by anyone in the world, this whole case wouldn't have started. Not to mention it's still technically stealing government property, and the last time I checked, anything like that can get you in jail for a LONG time.

I don't see why people are looking up to this guy...He has done nothing but cause controversy and turmoil over the documents that have been leaked. Then we have Anonymous DDoSing every site even remotely associated with WikiLeaks' death out there because they think it's going to show the US government that they can't censor things that need to be. Some great influences people are turning out to be nowadays.
closedeyes.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I don't see why people are looking up to this guy...He has done nothing but cause controversy and turmoil over the documents that have been leaked. Then we have Anonymous DDoSing every site even remotely associated with WikiLeaks' death out there because they think it's going to show the US government that they can't censor things that need to be. Some great influences people are turning out to be nowadays.
closedeyes.gif
I recall watching him being interviewed, and he declared himself a contrarist. He intentionally pisses off as many people as he can simply for the sake of pissing people off.

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
I recall watching him being interviewed, and he declared himself a contrarist. He intentionally pisses off as many people as he can simply for the sake of pissing people off.
That's just stupid. Oh well, now he can go be all cynical and hateful in jail. He doesn't want to be mixed in with society either way, so he might as well be in the place he deserves to be.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually hated the idea that government is keeping those documents away from public. If those documents can hurt or embarrass the government, then don't do it. Don't do something that will be recorded when you know it will cause huge controversies. Many leaked documents stated that US official harshly criticized many foreign official. By harsh criticize I mean criticism that hurts others feeling (and potentially our diplomatic relationship). I absolutely hate our government doing something behind our back. That is not democracy. That is no representative. Government is supposed to present our ideas (through voting) to others, while we monitor their doing (through public access of documents). Without public access, this is no democracy.

The only documents that should be lock away are those pertaining to military deployment. Anything else, diplomatic, embarrassment, wrongdoing (military or diplomatic wise), corruption and more should remain open to public.

I appreciate Julian Assange and Bradley Manning for releasing those documents. It doesn't mean I lookup for them or think they are innocent. I simply thanked them for releasing those documents.

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
I actually hated the idea that government is keeping those documents away from public. If those documents can hurt or embarrass the government, then don't do it. Don't do something that will be recorded which you know will cause huge controversies.
*headdesk* They do it because the documents AREN'T supposed to be seen by anyone but whoever should. You think they write down documents like that and know people are going to leak it? No, they don't. Then, when the documents get leaked by a guy who hates everything and everyone and the government tries to censor the documents from getting out all over the internet, people are bitching because it's breaking the first amendment with freedom of speech. Then, people act like it's such a violation of human rights that we can't know, and we need to know the information.

No one needs to know how many bomber planes crashed into an innocent person's home last Tuesday, or that 10 soldiers were killed and blah blah blah. They classify this information for a reason. It's either shocking, embarrassing, hateful, etc...

It's like if someone recorded a video of you shitting yourself after watching a scary movie clip or something, and they were going to upload it to YouTube, you'd definitely try to stop them from doing it. That's what the government is doing. They don't want people to see these mistakes for the peoples' own good and peace of mind.

Honestly, I wish people would just shut up about this. He's in jail, WikiLeaks is shut down, and that's not changing. Censoring the documents wasn't a violation of anyone's rights, so no one can say that. If people like all the /b/tards across the internet honestly think acting out at companies related to the incident, like MasterCard or PayPal is REALLY going to do anything, everyone should expect more strict censoring as an outcome.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
No one needs to know how many bomber planes crashed into an innocent person's home last Tuesday, or that 10 soldiers were killed and blah blah blah. They classify this information for a reason. It's either shocking, embarrassing, hateful, etc...
So are you saying if an innocent people die due to government negligence it is perfectly okay to hide the truth? Perfectly okay to let someone die without having others to make sure justice is served?

Is this the justice you want? If someone closed to you die due to government negligence you okay that government is not responsible for it?

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
TDWP FTW said:
So are you saying if an innocent people die due to government negligence it is perfectly okay to hide the truth? Perfectly okay to let someone die without having others to make sure justice is served?

Is this the justice you want? If someone closed to you die due to government negligence you okay that government is not responsible for it?
You honestly think the government is going to release a public statement every time an innocent Iraqi, or whatever is killed? No, they aren't. They have talked about it before, but they aren't going to go tell the whole world about each incident. Not only does it cause more turmoil politically, but in the media, that's all anyone would ever talk about. Some things are meant to be kept hidden from others, and it should stay that way.

And no one ever said the government wasn't responsible for innocent lives being taken. They have taken account for it, and it's not like they're trying to deny it or anything. Fuck it, this whole WikiLeaks shit is stupid. I really wish there was a topic blocking feature on here that could block topics/posts based on keywords.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
You know, there's a reason the government keeps files and documents locked away so they aren't publicly available. If they meant the information to be viewed by anyone in the world, this whole case wouldn't have started. Not to mention it's still technically stealing government property, and the last time I checked, anything like that can get you in jail for a LONG time.

closedeyes.gif
So you think the government should be able to censor what we see?
You think that there are things that need to be censored, period?
"Ignorance is bliss", eh?

So if the government does something bad, it should be covered up and hidden because of the damage that information getting out could cause?
Why not just get rid of all news agencies and set up a government run one, that way we won't have to worry about any truth but the "REAL" truth and we can be just like China and Russia and North Korea.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
TDWP FTW said:

closedeyes.gif
So you think the government should be able to censor what we see?
You think that there are things that need to be censored, period?
"Ignorance is bliss", eh?

So if the government does something bad, it should be covered up and hidden because of the damage that information getting out could cause?
Why not just get rid of all news agencies and set up a government run one, that way we won't have to worry about any truth but the "REAL" truth and we can be just like China and Russia and North Korea.
MOST newstations here in the US take orders from the Government in some shape or form. Whether it is censoring, comissions to show something or get something off the air. So any way you look at it the government is involved intimately with everyday television.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, I haven't really tested actual mah but ye paid full price a month later discounts...