Earthquake in Canada?

Bently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this is probably my first Blog post on Gbatemp and Blog... ever. Well anyways today at around 1:45pm (EST) while I was doing a french exam,
the floor was shaking quite a bit. I thought it was a classmate behind me just erasing, but then everyone spoke out saying that the floor was shaking.

Right after the exam, I found out that there was an Earthquake in Quebec, measuring in 5.5 Magnitude on the Richter Scale. Thank god no one was
hurt. (P.S: I live in the greater toronto area, and the quake was felt in Ottawa and Northeast USA.)

I also found a post on CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/201...earthquake.html.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG YEAH

I didn't feel it but my dad did..
I never felt an earthquake, so I really want to feel one (not a severe earthquake just a minor)

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CRAP!! ALL THESE QUAKES!!! WE'RE NEXT!!!
ohnoes.png

D

Deleted_171835

I felt it. I had a wtf reaction.
I thought somebody was moving desks.

Yay! I finally experienced an earthquake!
biggrin.gif

Bently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Porygon-X said:
Ahhh. It was all on the news here in BC. Us Vancouverites are 310 years overdue for an earthquake.

Did you guys hide underneath the desks? During the exam?

Lol, it wasn't that bad over at my school. But it was definitely annoying, trying to concentrate while I thought the desk was wiggling :S.

QUOTE(sfunk @ Jun 23 2010, 05:19 PM) I'm in Ottawa and I felt it pretty strongly; everyone in my building evacuated and we were sent home early from work.

It was close to the border of Ontario and Quebec, also I heard the City hall's glass broke? (windows?)

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It ran through my area and where my mom and dad work. We're all along the US side of Ontario lake near the further end of where the earthquake was felt. Rochester and eastwards through Oswego

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
MAN IT WAS WIERD
I WAS SITTING HOME AND MY TV STARTING SHAKEING
IT WAS SOO WEIRD
I GOT SCARED AND STARTED PRAYING
after a minute it went away

did anyone see jack layton's press conference today?
everyone starting running like babies when the earthquake happened

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
it was just above ottawa
but was felt from there south all the way to new york and massachusetts and we dont know how far north but it was felt till new york
it was hard
it was weird and it was 5.5 on the scale and if it was 6 then it had to damage building and destroy everything but 5.5 was okay
I EXPERIENCED A EARTHQUAKE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...