GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NahuelDS said:
that looks so damn good!

@quantico... what happened to doombringer? are you working alone now?
Well, they never worked together.

Doombringer quit because he didn't like that we said his "100%" patch wasn't 100% (Quantico loaded it in his own editor he worked on, and it was barely translated and full of English error) and that the patch didn't work on our own Wii.
He assumed we insulted him and thought we said he was lying, so he made a video to prove the game was working on his own USBloaderGX.
But that didn't change that we couldn't make the game working on ours
tongue.gif

Instead of trying to find the cause, he just decided to Quit and didn't give any new life-sign on his translation.
I assume he really quit and his project is dropped.

Quantico, who stopped working on his own tools because Doombringer said the game was already 100% translated, then went back to work alone and is making progress little by little.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t know that all of that happened! I always thought that doombringer and quantico were working together.

I checked the previous pages and it seems like doombringer just disappeared with no explanation. It's a shame
frown.gif

This time, I will try to test whatever quantico decides to post and give feedback. Best of luck to him.

Thanks for clearing me that up cyan!

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now its rather slow. Translater and me are very busy with life so everything is going much slower than I wanted it to. Next on my list would be working on all the tutorial screens and then trying to see if the modified game runs on the wii. But this wont happen this week, more like next week.

Sorry guys.

uthoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quantico said:
Right now its rather slow. Translater and me are very busy with life so everything is going much slower than I wanted it to. Next on my list would be working on all the tutorial screens and then trying to see if the modified game runs on the wii. But this wont happen this week, more like next week.

Sorry guys.

Thanks for all the hard work...I appreciate it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yyhung317 said:
but seriously i hope that doombringer come back and quickly finish up the translation ...
then you didn't understood that DoomBringer did only translate 5 sentences in the game (the 3 shops), that's all.
He never did a 100% patch as stated on the first page, and was far away from it. He didn't want to work on fixing the crashing bug either.

I don't know the advancement of Quantico, but he has a tools for easy read/replace text, so he should be a lot more advanced in the translation than Doombringer was.

Quantico, when you have time it would be good if you can give us a short detail on your advancement (graphics edition, translation, any pointer bug, etc.), and post it on a new topic.
I'll close this one as Doombringer said he dropped it, it will prevent confusion with the "100%" stated in the first post and your own work on it.

Thanks.

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too much to say, depending on the updates I will do a new thread next weekend. My translator got to work a bit on the bigger file (about 5k entries), around 1/4 - 1/3 of that should be done. But dont get fooled by that, even if the initial translation is done there will be lots of proofing required. We are also missing something that might relate a lot to context so we gotta play through the whole game as well.

As for me, I will try to look into getting the game running on the wii next weekend. Already spend ages updating my wii to 4.3J last weekend. Since I stopped using the console ages ago I really need to check about loaders and so on because everything I have on my wii is probably totally outdated. First thing I will try is Riivolution after that loaders. Will post updates on the weekend. If I get it running I will post some test patches that only include a couple of edited files (some text or images) for other people to try if it works for them as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good luck to the translator and checker.
As the game is mostly about retrieving artifact/references/art/painting, etc. from all over the world and from ancient (sometime biblical? like the babel tower) references, I guess it's quite hard to catch the references to translate it correctly.
The translator has to know a lot about earth history.
yaywii.gif

While playing the game, you see a picture of the reference, so it may be easier to catch it with the context.

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried different configurations on the wii today but it always fails. I also tried editing other files but as soon as a byte is changed the game wont load. Anyone got ideas?

edit: Working through what has been said before when the issue came up on dooms version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it works on dolphin but not on real hardware?
it's doing like DoomBringer patch. (though, on all 4 patches, 2 were bad and 2 worked fine)

Sorry, I can't help about your problem here.
Maybe another hacker will come in the topic and see your problem.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quantico said:
I tried different configurations on the wii today but it always fails. I also tried editing other files but as soon as a byte is changed the game wont load. Anyone got ideas?

edit: Working through what has been said before when the issue came up on dooms version.

are you using wiiscrubber to replace files? what version? the app auto updates tmd fst so that shouldnt be the issue :\ hmm

edit: its been a while since i played with wii files but i can try and help troubleshoot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: