EA voted Worst company In America

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by qlum, Apr 4, 2012.

Apr 4, 2012

EA voted Worst company In America by qlum at 8:17 PM (2,651 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. qlum
    OP

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    Source

Discuss

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Considering the competitors in this competition this is a rather bizzare choice.

2 people like this.
  3. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    AT&T is definitely up there....

2 people like this.
  4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    That's what they probably get for the money milking franchises like Madden, NFL, Tiger Woods, FIFA, ..... Minimal effort for the maximum profit, disgusting if you ask me. They just have a monopoly, can't believe those franchises keep selling like hotcakes.

5. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Cool Story, brah.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Whoever voted for EA is an absolute moron who knows nothing about the other companies or the ones that were missing from this piss poor poll.

4 people like this.
  7. Rockhoundhigh

Member Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

United States
    For videogames yeah, for overall, not really.

8. qlum
    OP

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    Sure other companies do more damage and are also rather bad but EA just doesn't give a fuck ignoring long time fans, and some other companies after enough criticism started to crack and admit they are wrong but EA just keeps going on completely ignoring everyones opinion. Also looking at the industry surrounding them they are a lot worse than most the competition while with banks, isp's and oil corporations the bad behavior is just industry standard however bad that may be. I also think giving such a reward to a company like EA is more of a statement than just giving it to a bank as everyone knows how they are while a lot of people may not think the same about a game publisher.

In short although I do think that they are not the worst company in terms of damage I do think they deserve the award.

9. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    My goodness, truthfuly EA is the worst of the lot! How dare they increase their revenue and release games which people buy as if they were the cure for cancer!

4 people like this.
  10. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    It's a good thing EA produces some of the best video games of this generation..

11. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Considering the poll introduces biases by appealing more to people who actually would participate in these things (low aged gamers) I'm not surprised EA won. But that's the whole reason for voting, if everyone knew everything about every little things with the world, votes would be pointless because you only need one person to make a decision. In conclusion, everyone who votes doesn't need to know everything about every little company and there's nothing wrong with that.

12. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    CONGRATZ EA :grog:

Ohwait..

And how come the RIAA or it's members isn't up there?

13. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I believe this isn't a competition in financial sucky-ness, they would have fact based results otherwise. I think it's about moral sucky-ness, which is opinion based.

14. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Perhaps, but finances are directly connected to how the customers feel about the company. If people truly hate EA then why do they buy games published or developed by EA at an increasing rate? :)

15. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I think it's safe to say that EA deserves it more so then any other gaming business. As a company, they have no respect for the consumers and have gone out of their way to nickel and dime gamers heavily quite recently, and it's unacceptable. Tack on the whole Origin/Steam debacle, which really isn't going to prove their point and consumers will continue to boycott buying their products for the PC and inevitably they will just stop making games for the PC and kill off a segment of their profit margin in the process. It seems American corporations as a whole, don't care about the people they work for and represent, and all of them deserve to be labelled as the Worst Companies in America.

It's the corporate greed and lack of respect for the people who keep them in business, that makes them do these things and I wish consumers as a whole would step up and just say no and stop buying their products period. I wish people would stop crying about all the bullshit that EA has done over the last couple of years and just stand up and say that we aren't going to take it anymore. Why do you think I refuse to buy EA products? Because they nickel and dime consumers for stuff that should be provided with the game, bonus content, expansion packs and things like that should be created after the fact and sold as such. I won't support anyone who thinks it's acceptable to have day one DLC even though it's in the bloody package, why should I pay for content that's already available to me?

1 person likes this.
  16. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Just so you know, there were persistent efforts on the part of /v/ to get this result.

17. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    *GASPS!* Closet /v/isitor?

18. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Liking a product does not equal liking a company :)

19. xdmario1

Newcomer xdmario1 Member

United States
    Although I agreed with my fellow /v/idya brothers, I really wanted BoA to win. I've heared alot of stories man...

20. vivanlai

Newcomer vivanlai Advanced Member

United States
    I can read that don't think no one else can read it just highlight it. Simple as that.