EA Refuse to Refund SimCity - Possible account ban if you take action

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had that issue too, but then realized that the reason Steam wouldn't go into offline mode was because it THOUGHT I still had internet access, and was trying to synch some saves before going offline. The obvious problem being that I didn't have internet access.

In my case, it was the virtual adapter for Hamachi, which lies about it's status and was reporting an internet connection even if there wasn't one. Removed Hamachi, Steam was no longer lied to, offline switching has worked just fine for me for months.
No I can switch to offline. What I'm saying is if I'm online, and say im away from my computer, and the internet goes out, I can't switch to offline anymore, I have to wait until Steam goes back online before I can switch to offline... unless they changed it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No I can switch to offline. What I'm saying is if I'm online, and say im away from my computer, and the internet goes out, I can't switch to offline anymore, I have to wait until Steam goes back online before I can switch to offline... unless they changed it.
Yeah that's the issue I had too, and fixed.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scared of change? joodoneevinnomehomie...
It's possible I don't care about BetterDealsForGamesI'llNeverGetAroundToPlaying or MadGraphixYo!
Or maybe I don't want to pay $300+ for a PC that can handle the games I want to play when my console I paid 1/2 as much for handles them just fine.

I'm curious as to how consoles are inferior.
If your answer is:
- Better Graphics
- Games so cheap you can build up a backlog you'll never play
- 60FPS
...no need to bother replying.

Games looking better, playing better, and costing less is a turn off for you?
Activision and EA must love you to death.

Well aside from that, there's also superior control capabilities I can use a mouse and keyboard for a majority of games, and plug in my 360 controller for anything else (like RPGs).
There's superior mod support (or, mod support period really...). Games like The Elder Scrolls, or FPS that allow mods, etc.

There's probably more but i'm just too busy laughing at you.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Well aside from that, there's also superior control capabilities I can use a mouse and keyboard for a majority of games, and plug in my 360 controller for anything else (like RPGs).
There's superior mod support (or, mod support period really...). Games like The Elder Scrolls, or FPS that allow mods, etc.

Wow, you're still waving that PC master race stick?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, now I remember why I never got into PC gaming. Seems like more of a hassle now a days
Oh yeah, it was much less annoying back in 1993 when Master Of Orion came out, and every so often in-game you'd be asked to identify ships, which you needed the manual for. And hey, what about The Journeyman Project, also released in 1993? How in order to progress through the game you needed key codes for certain areas, and they were printed in the manual? That was much better.

Yeah, companies totally didn't put in annoyance measures as DRM until recently!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, I know they had DRM back then too. Though now it just seems to have gotten much more widespread and cash grabby in the past few years. Constantly having to be logged in, overwhelmed servers, etc.

I'd rather be asked to put in a serial Key or identify a ship than literally not be able to play the single player in a game I just brought.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather be asked to put in a serial Key or identify a ship than literally not be able to play the single player in a game I just brought.

If you lost the manual or book packaged with it, the effect was just the same.

Plus, yeah, this sucks, and it's all over the news, but this is just one game. There's always going to be some bad eggs, but I don't see how one screw up (as large as this one may be) invalidates the entirety of PC gaming.

Reactions: Rydian

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For the people who couldn't care less about any of that, who just want to play a game once in while and relax, you've just listed a bunch of shit they've paid extra for hardware-wise and have no need for... One of my other hobbies is playing guitar...but I'm not going to go drop $2000 on a Martin when the $500 x-series does what I need it to do. You (and Rydian) can look down your noses and laugh all you want about how "affordable" a passable gaming PC might be, but as I pointed out to Rydian, my family gets far more function out of an xbox and a laptop than they would a single PC.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I repeat: you asked for it. This was not random gloating, you ASKED for everything I gave. You asked to be responded to, you asked for a list, etc. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

If the computer doesn't need to game they can get a lot cheaper though. Netbooks have improved a lot since the first few outings, I know plenty of people who just buy cheap netbooks for their kids or something.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
EA won't change because of a class action lawsuit by whiny neckbeards over "I DIDN'T LIKE THE MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING!" They see numbers, and when their numbers are low because they put stupid shit like this into games, then they'll change.

Trouble is, it probably wouldn't work like that. They'd likely have to murder a good few franchises and bring themselves to the point of collapse before finally get the message. You think if sales were poor they'd think "Ahh must be the DRM"? More likely they'd deduce that people just aren't interested in SimCity anymore, and would stop developing SimCity games....

Then move onto the next franchise....

Eventually they'd have killed all their single player games... would they finally see that DRM is what's killed them? I think it's more likely they'd conclude that "these days people are only interested in multiplayer games"...

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know if posted but

tumblr_mabbpdJTuB1rcpf9ro1_500.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users