DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
When I see this, all I can hear is EA, with Smeagol's voice saying,

EA loves Wii U! NO! EA hates Wii U. No, we loves Wii U...EA hates Wii U!
Lol, I just did my own impression of Gollum saying that, and I couldn't stop laughing.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The new PR man for EA is different, is EA trying to change their image from being the worst company. I hope they fired that other asshole that bashed on the Wii U and Nintendo.
This being EA, they have probably promoted him.
In fact, the relationship between Big N and EA has never been that good, as early as 1991 (well, excluding the GC and Wii to a degree)
But there's the fact that their agreements with Disney/FIFA/... about the multi-platform part (which should include Wii U, I guess, as a console with good brand-recognition for families and kiddies if not gamers, with potential profits they would not want to miss) would play against this...
Still, it's sad to see all these PR disasters, even though I hate EA with a passion for unrelated reasons (if Origin, always-online and DRM are to be considered unrelated to all this Wii U hate, that is)

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol...EA is doing all sorts of damage control announcements now days. EA already confirmed to have a frostbite engine working for Android, so we already knew it wasn't a matter of IF it could work for Wii U. I already suspected EA would continue with their sports games other titles, but wouldn't be bringing the frostbite games to the Wii U. EA developers have too much difficulty developing for it. At least Warner Bros, Ubisoft, and Infinity Ward were clever enough to be able to design an engine that would make developing for the Wii U a breeze.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
man, EA U turned pretty quickly after that MS conference :tpi:
Yeah, I know.

It's like they were all "Hey, screw Nintendo. This time around we're gonna stick with PS4 and X- *watches conference* -err .. forget I said anything."

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA, I really don't care what you do or don't do at this point, as long as I get my Bioware fix on semi-portable handheld device. Why the hell they thought giving the Wii U ME3 while giving the other consoles a full trilogy pack at the same time and price was a financially sound strategy I have no idea.

Reactions: yuyuyup

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games and base owners matter. MS proved the rumors correct today. Other "Lesser" studios are developing for Wii U. That used game crap by MS? You all likely seen it already. Wii U is still a decent system.

What the hell are you talking about? Read the bolded text in the quote.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That used game crap by MS?
I remember when the ps3 was in the works, and rumor had it the ps3 would write a special lead into a new game to link it only to that console.
Anywho, What matters is that they give there all in the Ninty ports (highly doubtful) and not flood it with EA brand pickled shovelware.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like EA very much at all, but if they make a new Road Rash for the Wii-U I would probably buy it...

Hell EA I will even help you design it.... just use the Wii-U pad thing as the speed gauge and oil pressure and all that like on a Motorcycle. Interface done... lol

That all being said, more games for a platform is never a bad thing.

Reactions: kehkou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...