EA Access won't require XBL Gold

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Full news here: http://trib.al/TpFZ9Dq

It's really a shame that Sony decided to skip this because it "it wasn't good value for our customers" more like they just don't want competition and also keep in mind that EA Access costs $5 a month or $30 yearly which neither PS Plus or PS Now can beat in terms of price.

PS Plus does have far more variety than EA Access would ever have but denying it for their own loyal PlayStation customers is a mistake they shouldn't have made.

Here's my wishlist of games I'd like to see on EA Access:
- Burnout 3
- Burnout Revenge
- Need for Speed: Underground 2
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
- Def Jam: Fight for NY

I know that they'd have to re-develop them due to being used on a newer console but that'd make a lot of Xbox customers who played these games on their consoles in the past want to sign up for this, especially Burnout 3 & Underground 2!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not needing paid Live... I can not say I would have put money on that happening. The closest I have seen before is for things like paid MMO stuff.

I wonder if they did some kind of side deal for ads or licensing fees.

Anyway nice to see some competition.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure why people would want to pay $30 on top of PSN+ just to get a bunch of recycled sports games with updated rosters and a few decent-good games in between

Reactions: Nathan Drake

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, yes - neither Plus nor PSNow can beat this wonderful offer. What's that? Ahh, it's only EA Games? Oh, alright then. And no, it won't require XBox Gold to use the service, but online multiplayer does, which is the whole point of paying for Gold (Or PSPlus, for that matter) in the first place. That was a fair attempt WiiCube, but you still have a long way to go in the hater game. :)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure why people would want to pay $30 on top of PSN+ just to get a bunch of recycled sports games with updated rosters and a few decent-good games in between
This. EA hasn't had the best offerings this past gen as a whole. This isn't just a case of "I don't have it so I don't want it", but a case of EA just not turning out games I want to bother with. I honestly can't recall the last time I booted up a game that EA made.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just in case people are still confused over what happened here, I'll give you a brief artist's representation of how the board meeting looked like:

EA: Hey Sony! We have a great offer for you, you'll love it!
Sony: It better be a good game that isn't FIFA.
EA: Better! We're going to give away our games!
Sony: Go on, go on - Plus is waiting.
EA: No, no, no - not on Plus, silly! On EA Access!
Sony: What's that?
EA: Well... We'll use your server space for storing our games, use your bandwidth to deliver them and we'll start our own subscription plan so that select gamers can download games from our "Vault" for "free", meaning $5 a month or $30 a year!
Sony: We're already doing that. It's called PSPlus.
EA: Why yes, but you're the ones who get the most profit from PSPlus - we'd like to have all the money, completely bypass your service, maximize our profits and give you the scraps! Now tell me, doesn't that sound appealing?
Sony: ...get the f*ck out of my office.

Thank you, you're a wonderful audience.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It sounds a bit early to tell anything at this point. It isn't said why sony thinks it isn't a good value, nor what those restrictions are that are talked about in the header. Even more worrisome is that it isn't known which games will be included in the service. It could very well turn out that the platform will focus exclusively around early access to games (for which you'll have to buy it later) and DLC for games that aren't in the catalog to begin with. It could also mean that they're starting to port fan requested games to the system. But TBH, that doesn't sound that likely. This is still EA we're talking about.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of the service and all, but let's not pretend "I get to give EA $30 dollary doos without giving Microsoft $60!" is a selling point.

Plus, since you need Live for the multiplayer and multiplayer's the whole point of most of the announced games (sports titles, Battlefield, etc.), it's easy to see why EA gets more leeway on how to make me pay. It's a more obvious bid than eBay for the cash of us folk, from every TJ to Enrique.

That's what we say, and no, you cannot hit replay.

/drops mic

/picks it back and puts it back on the stand for the next person in line

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill