E.X. Troopers announced for PS3 and 3DS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**** off Guild. Don't like it? Go away, stop trying to tell people what they should / shouldn't like.

This game could be interesting, shame it'll probably never come to the west. :( (Along with all those other Capcom games).

I'm just finding it ridiculous that people are already fawning over a game we literally know nothing about outside A) it has anime style presentation, B) you shoot things, and C) its related to Lost Planet.

I mean maybe if you really loved Lost Planet you might find this intriguing from the get go but to enjoy it because it showed two, unimportant screenshots that had some anime crap in it? C'mon.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
**** off Guild. Don't like it? Go away, stop trying to tell people what they should / shouldn't like.

This game could be interesting, shame it'll probably never come to the west. :( (Along with all those other Capcom games).

I'm just finding it ridiculous that people are already fawning over a game we literally know nothing about outside A) it has anime style presentation, B) you shoot things, and C) its related to Lost Planet.

CoD blops2 (a few weeks ago): A) Has a picture of a guy holding 2 pistols, B) You shoot things and C) It's called Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoD blops2 (a few weeks ago): A) Has a picture of a guy holding 2 pistols, B) You shoot things and C) It's called Call of Duty Black Ops 2

I guess you kinda missed all the gameplay info and trailer about it. Plus it's Call of Duty, you already know what to expect gameplay wise.

And I don't remember me fawning over it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

I guess you kinda missed all the gameplay info and trailer about it.
Note the "a few weeks ago"

Plus it's Call of Duty, you already know what to expect gameplay wise.

And I don't remember me fawning over it.
My point is people are allowed to get excited over things, stop telling them they wrong for liking something. I, for example, would get excited if Valve announced they were making a new game, regardless of whether it is a new series or not - they games are usually amazing (bar ricochet).

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States

I mean maybe if you really loved Lost Planet you might find this intriguing from the get go but to enjoy it because it showed two, unimportant screenshots that had some anime crap in it? C'mon.

Why do you care so much that people are excited for a game? I have no interest in the game, yet you don't see me acting this rude to people in the thread.

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is people are allowed to get excited over things, stop telling them they wrong for liking something. I, for example, would get excited if Valve announced they were making a new game, regardless of whether it is a new series or not - they games are usually amazing (bar ricochet).

I'm not telling them they're wrong, I'm telling them they're easily pleased or just sheep to certain things. This isn't Valve, who have made consistently masterful works (literally the only game that's "bad" on their end is Ricochet), this isn't a standard continuation in a popular series, it's an unknown spin off done by an unknown dev with unknown gameplay elements. The reason he's liking it isn't because its Lost Planet, not because he saw good gameplay from it, not because he knows whose making it, not because Capcom is on it, but because he saw literally a few images showing some generic anime setting and instantly went "I WANT IT". At least with BlOps 2 you had an interesting trailer that outlined the setting and story and you know what to expect from Call of Duty, not to mention some more info on the gameplay itself. This is literally a single image and some vague details.

D

Deleted_171835

3DS and PS3 is an odd platform choice. Probably won't come overseas since they aren't releasing it for the 360, too.

Capcom have said that they're not having any 3DS demos at E3, and also that it's unlikely that a lot of their upcoming 3DS titles may not come to the west.

Ace Attorney 5? Forget it.
Phoenix X Layton? We won't see it.
Monster Hunter? Not a chance.

I mean what the hell.
Monster Hunter: Tri G is coming. It's been hinted at so many times to the point that it's practically confirmed. We're just waiting for an announcement. Professor Layton x Ace Attorney is almost certainly coming here because of how popular the Layton series here. And I'm sure Ace Attorney 5 will come as every main-line Ace Attorney game has come here.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not telling them they're wrong, I'm telling them they're easily pleased or just sheep to certain things. This isn't Valve, who have made consistently masterful works (literally the only game that's "bad" on their end is Ricochet), this isn't a standard continuation in a popular series, it's an unknown spin off done by an unknown dev with unknown gameplay elements. The reason he's liking it isn't because its Lost Planet, not because he saw good gameplay from it, not because he knows whose making it, not because Capcom is on it, but because he saw literally a few images showing some generic anime setting and instantly went "I WANT IT". At least with BlOps 2 you had an interesting trailer that outlined the setting and story and you know what to expect from Call of Duty, not to mention some more info on the gameplay itself. This is literally a single image and some vague details.

Actually, I like most of Capcom games but not related to this, I just love games that try to look like anime and actually look like one graphics wise (S4 League for example, main reason why I wanted to try the game was because of the graphs and art style and I actually liked he game), and not many anime styled games, actually look like anime at all. There's also the bits of info I read about the game, set in a highschool scenario in a world that tbh has nothing to do with a highschool life scenario, the producer being the MH series one, and seems to be an action shooter, which seems interesting, there's also a robot involved, which makes it even cooler (Source)
So far it has things that I usually like in a game, what's to keep me from wanting it? Of course, if the game does end up turning sour and not how I'm expecting it to be, I'll lose my interest in it, but since there's so much little info, it seems pretty interesting to to me so far. =3

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks cool. The anime style makes it look like a mix of Valkyria Chronicles and Lost Planet XD.

Either way, my interest is piqued. Especially considering the strange combo of PS3 and 3DS, wonder if you have to buy both to get all the story

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Since when did people give a shit about a Lost Planet spin off?
Seeing that this is (supposedly) the first... since ever I guess?

But in general people hate Lost Planet. I mean they're producing a third one and cutting out a lot of other wanted projects. I remember the third game was announced to a chorus of moans and sighs. But when there's an anime-style spin off for the 3DS, HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO AWESOME.
oh Guild. we're excited because we have a 3DS and don't have a PS3 (at least, i'm guessing most of us who are excited). I mean, i'd be excited for Gravity Daze too, if I had a Vita. or Marvel VS. Capcom III (that was fun).

---------------------------------------------------
anyways, i've seen the trailer, and it's got mechs so i like it immediately. it is a third-person shooter, so yes, Kid Icarus: Uprising comparisons will be inevitable. look at the multiplay part, they've got about 5 or 6 players within relatively close vicinity shooting at each other (didn't see any crazy dodge rolls though). it doesn't look like it'll use western FPS game mechanics where a good burst of bullets will put down a player.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
3DS and PS3 is an odd platform choice. Probably won't come overseas since they aren't releasing it for the 360, too.

Capcom have said that they're not having any 3DS demos at E3, and also that it's unlikely that a lot of their upcoming 3DS titles may not come to the west.

Ace Attorney 5? Forget it.
Phoenix X Layton? We won't see it.
Monster Hunter? Not a chance.

I mean what the hell.
Monster Hunter: Tri G is coming. It's been hinted at so many times to the point that it's practically confirmed. We're just waiting for an announcement.
They said Monster Hunter isn't done in the west, it'll just take longer. I'm taking their statement as, "fuck off, MH3G is JP exclusive. wait till we finish MH4 and get it out in Japan for around 6months before we give it to you". I would love to be proven wrong though.

Trailer

They recycled the fucking legends 3 engine for it, fuck them. Fuck them with a rusty spoon =_=

My thoughts exactly. I instantly imagined Rockman to be doing the running and gunning, and it clicks fairly nicely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-