E.X. Troopers announced for PS3 and 3DS

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Famitsu has news of a new Capcom game, E.X. Troopers, being developed for the PS3 and 3DS. (yes I know it's a weird combination)

E.X. Troopers is an action shooter title developed by Monster Hunter series producer Shintaro Kojima. It is unknown whether this game will make it to the west.

SOURCE: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/15/capcoms-e-x-troopers-revealed-takes-place-in-the-lost-planet-universe/

Since this is a shooter I'll likely get it for the PS3.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Since this is a shooter I'll likely get it for the PS3.

Since this is a shooter I'll likely get it for 3DS!
It depends for WHICH shooter actually.

If it's a FPS, definitely PS3.
But if it's like... Kid Icarus Uprising style, then 3DS.

But very likely PS3 cuz I love HD giant screens :ha:

Reactions: 2 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
touchscreen precision aiming FTW!

but action shooter sounds like it'll be a third-person shooter. maybe something like Band of Brothers? FPS mechanics but the camera's behind your guy (which gives you a better vantage point anyways).

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Capcom have said that they're not having any 3DS demos at E3, and also that it's unlikely that a lot of their upcoming 3DS titles may not come to the west.

Ace Attorney 5? Forget it.
Phoenix X Layton? We won't see it.
Monster Hunter? Not a chance.

I mean what the hell.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In any case Capcom have taken a really bad direction lately, their attitude is flagrant and their expectations (or rather demands) for title sales are too too much, that they abandon a lot of things after "lack of demand".
Allowing the DMC reboot to go the way it is along with Operation Raccoon city because of a "trust in western-based studios" is pumping out some serious crap, and let Raccoon City sold two million.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did people give a shit about a Lost Planet spin off?
Seeing that this is (supposedly) the first... since ever I guess?

But in general people hate Lost Planet. I mean they're producing a third one and cutting out a lot of other wanted projects. I remember the third game was announced to a chorus of moans and sighs. But when there's an anime-style spin off for the 3DS, HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO AWESOME.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seeing that this is (supposedly) the first... since ever I guess?

But in general people hate Lost Planet. I mean they're producing a third one and cutting out a lot of other wanted projects. I remember the third game was announced to a chorus of moans and sighs. But when there's an anime-style spin off for the 3DS, HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO AWESOME.
Then I guess Capcom made a good choice if the reaction is so much better.

There's many people who'd prefer an anime-style spin-off over a realistic shooter so It makes sense that they're getting more excited over this than LP3. And it's not really that uncommon for people to be more interested in a spin-off than the main game, especially when the spin-off is so different.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did people give a shit about Lost Planet?

Modern Capcom is just an odd company, I see this game as a vanity project for them. It'll bomb in Japan and we'll never see it in the West.

Phoenix X Layton? We won't see it.
Professor Layton does really well in Europe so it has a better chance than the others plus Nintendo might end up publishing it.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
**** off Guild. Don't like it? Go away, stop trying to tell people what they should / shouldn't like.

This game could be interesting, shame it'll probably never come to the west. :( (Along with all those other Capcom games).

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Beans and Bologna. What gurl wouldn't want to come home to that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess my sister had a new baby at this point the doctors are like well see you again in 9 months
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn i should of wrapped it that time... hope she has her hubby fooled:P
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's cool, you gonna be an again Uncle
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw that family I stay away as much as I can
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, Fam 4 Life, no ducking that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you knew mine you'd run
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All fams have issues, mine too. No matter, it's still Fam. (But I know what you mean)
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fam as in family?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, family is like the initial party in an RPG, they're just a suggestion but you can ditch them once you level up.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I love that analogy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are too closed in over the idea of blood is blood I believe people are people and you can choose the ones you want to be around easily
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ofcourse you can choose, but Family is bond, no matter, you have to go out of your way for family. Golden rule. "You can choose your friends, but unfortunately, you can cannot choose your family"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but no one said you have to talk to them the only difference is sharing a name
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like how kids are born into a family business that may want to do something different and become a complete disappointment to them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True. I have cousins on my dad side I've never spoke to. Only knew of them when going to Grandma's funeral. N still don't speak with them (I tried, left my # with them, have invited them to dinner-nothing) That's life
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not saying I'd wish any ill will but I don't want their drama
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got some stupid sleep abtinovue thingy that makes noise in bedroom and I can't deal with it, Loud AF. She don't care if I'm in bed with her now, so I feel like I'm free again, I can sleep wherever, whenever. I just wondering how long this will last.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's like yeah, we have a few genes in common, but then again we have genes in common with a banana.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    So is your wife single now?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sure, as long as you can deal with a generator sound at night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And she ain't already at @K3Nv2 house.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pull the plug
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pull the plug