DVD-r

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dori2o, Oct 30, 2009.

1. dori2o
    OP

dori2o Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    I've been given around 70 blank DVD-R's from a friend who's moving away and is selling all his computer stuff- he used to sell knock off dvd's and these are the disks he never got round to using.

There are some Verbatim but there are loads of Tuff Disk, RiDisk, Traxdata, Gigatain, Titanium, Datawrite, Rivision, Bulkpaq and Intenso disks.

Which of these if any would be suitable for making backup disks. I know I could just try them out, but it's the time it takes to burn the disk only to find out they are no good, plus I could sell them as a lot on Ebay and use the funds from that to buy 100 Verbatims.

Many Thanks in advance.

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Verbatims are, from what I've heard, some of the best to use. I've never heard of the other brands, but you can always give them a try. I used Staples brand and FujiFilm DVD-R's for my games and they work fine. All my games run and I've only had a few failed burns (probably because of random burner problems).

So use Verbatims for games you really really want and the crap ones for games you're not so sure about.

3. andyc799

andyc799 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    verbatims are the best,but i do use tesco's own brand and never had a single problem with them.maplins were doing 50 verbatim dvd -r discs for £9.99 not long ago.

4. AbraCadvr

AbraCadvr GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2005
    Canada
    Saint-Lin-Laurentides,Quebec
    i personally use golden Maxell DVD-R since softmod exist ..always burnt at 16x never had errors!.

5. razorback78

razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 3, 2009
    then why don't you sell them as a lot on ebay then...? might as well get those verbatim dvd-r.

6. ziddey

ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 23, 2007
    United States