DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sonikku, Feb 5, 2008.

Feb 5, 2008

DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL by Sonikku at 12:56 PM (1,140 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Sonikku
    OP

Newcomer Sonikku Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Do they both work correctly? I don't think my writer can burn DVD-R DL. So does DVD+R DL work fine as well?

I have PAL wii 3.1E with WiiKey 1.9g, The single layer rip worked fine with me (update 100%, Dual Channels).

2. ozz3000

Member ozz3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you can burn dvd+ dl you should be able to burn dvd- dl

3. markish

Newcomer markish Member

Sweden
    nah a dvd+r and dvd-r burner are more expensive and uncommon than a sole dvd+r burner (I believe there are no dvd-r only burners). I myself had only dvd+r when I got my wii so I had to buy a new burner.

But to your question, yes they both work , but dvd-r DL discs barely exist and are alot more expensive so if u have dvd+r DL discs and a working burner use that with ImgBurn and u'll be fine.

4. DrQuack02

Newcomer DrQuack02 Advanced Member

United States
    Wasn't fine with Sony DVD+R media and ImgBurn [​IMG]

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Sony contracts junk for their media. Look for verbatim (made in signapore on the label, 8x write speed) or all else failing anything with a Ritek media code (Fuji comes to mind, though they are hit and miss from batch to batch like sony, memorex and many other brands.) It also really depends on whether your burner supports the specific media code (if not check for updates else you will only get coasters when burning at the layer break).

Also, burn slow unless you know your burner performs better at a higher speed. 2.4x may take a while, but most burners burn better at that speed.

BTW: -R DL exist, but are not very well supported by any of the burner manufacturers and thus are essentially junk to most burners/readers.

6. Sonikku
    OP

Newcomer Sonikku Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I can get Platinum DVD+R DL for not much money. They worked fine on Xbox360. Anyone have tested Platinum on Wii?

Edit: Verbatim it will be