OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do they both work correctly? I don't think my writer can burn DVD-R DL. So does DVD+R DL work fine as well?

I have PAL wii 3.1E with WiiKey 1.9g, The single layer rip worked fine with me (update 100%, Dual Channels).

markish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nah a dvd+r and dvd-r burner are more expensive and uncommon than a sole dvd+r burner (I believe there are no dvd-r only burners). I myself had only dvd+r when I got my wii so I had to buy a new burner.

But to your question, yes they both work , but dvd-r DL discs barely exist and are alot more expensive so if u have dvd+r DL discs and a working burner use that with ImgBurn and u'll be fine.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't fine with Sony DVD+R media and ImgBurn
frown.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony contracts junk for their media. Look for verbatim (made in signapore on the label, 8x write speed) or all else failing anything with a Ritek media code (Fuji comes to mind, though they are hit and miss from batch to batch like sony, memorex and many other brands.) It also really depends on whether your burner supports the specific media code (if not check for updates else you will only get coasters when burning at the layer break).

Also, burn slow unless you know your burner performs better at a higher speed. 2.4x may take a while, but most burners burn better at that speed.

BTW: -R DL exist, but are not very well supported by any of the burner manufacturers and thus are essentially junk to most burners/readers.

Sonikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can get Platinum DVD+R DL for not much money. They worked fine on Xbox360. Anyone have tested Platinum on Wii?

Edit: Verbatim it will be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock