Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I know about the DVD identity failed w/ the backup loader (the "gecko" one). But I burned both DVD-R and DVD+R (I thought IMGburn automatically changed it to DVD-ROM, I guess it didn't) and both gave me the DVD identity failed error. (I have cIOS patchmii installed w/ DVDX IOS249)

I've patched the game (Mario Sluggers) with waninkoko's patcher. The media I used were Memorex -R and Maxwell +R. Unfortunately, I out of DVD's (I got the -R from a friend)

What did I do wrong
blink.gif
?

Edit: Oh crap, would the name have a difference? I have common key labeled key.bin instead of the common-key.bin.

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Im having the same problem as you. But my file name for the common-key.bin is correct. Im using DVD-Rs too and I can only get as far as the loader recognizing the GAME ID and load part of the game but stop (still on the loader screen). After that, I would restart my WII and now the backups wont recognize and I get the DVD Identity Failed.

I will try again when I get some Verbatim DVD-Rs.

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it, same error. I will uninstall cios and reinstall it. Do you guys think starfall might conflict with any of this? I had it installed a while ago....

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is the common-key file suppose to have an extension to it? For example, common-key.bin, or is just suppose to be common-key?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
lunasicc said:
Wait, is the common-key file suppose to have an extension to it? For example, common-key.bin, or is just suppose to be common-key?
depends mines just called common-key, but if your system is set up to hide the extentions then it wont have the .bin, mine isnt set up like that, but you know.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
lunasicc said:
Mines is setup to show the extension file. So its not suppose to have an extension?
i dont have the extention on mine its just commom-key and its worked for me for the last 9 backups, my mario kart backed up ast night(yes i have a real copy of the game like i did with zelda and galaxy
tongue.gif
) and thats working also altho the image is slightly small

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lunasicc said:
Mines is setup to show the extension file. So its not suppose to have an extension?

mine is common-key.bin and it works great
tongue.gif
so i think IT IS supoposed to have a extension

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lexal said:
Im afraid you are using the PatchMii Cios.
The backuploader doesnt like the patchmii cios.
I have to agree. I was using that and receiving the same exact error. I switched to "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" and all worked fine.

JesseAs said:
QUOTE(lunasicc @ Sep 30 2008, 08:50 AM) Mines is setup to show the extension file. So its not suppose to have an extension?

mine is common-key.bin and it works great
tongue.gif
so i think IT IS supoposed to have a extension
Does NOT need an extension. In fact if you add an extension to "common-key" and then drag-n-drop it'll give you an error message (at least on my system).

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Im using the CIOS wad that was originally included in the backup loader. But I will take your advice and uninstall everything and try again. What the best way to uninstall CIOS with? WAD Manager?

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it.

EDIT: Also , is there anyway to see what CIOS you have installed? Also, would STARFALL cause any conflict?

vegetossj4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have "dvd identify error"
I burn with imgburn on dvd-rw, dvd+rw, dvd+r

What is " common-key" ??

( sorry for my english i'm french ^^ )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum