Hacking DVD Identity Failed

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
i don't have starfall installed, so it's not that for me. I used tona's patchmii, but I don't think that's the prob. So is it the common-key?
Tona's patchmii CIOS DOES NOT WORK. Did you click the link I posted?

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have Starfall installed and I am getting the same problem as you. Does anyone know if Starfall could be my problem?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here still having the same problem. First I was using NexxTech DVDRws. Then I got a hold of some Philips DVD+Rs. I believe I done everything else correctly. Could be a bad ISO, but not really sure.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem up until yesterday. I burned dvd+r and set the booktype to dvd-rom and it didn't work. I fixed it buy buying a stack of dvd-r and it worked fine.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoitsme said:
I had this problem up until yesterday. I burned dvd+r and set the booktype to dvd-rom and it didn't work. I fixed it buy buying a stack of dvd-r and it worked fine.

Ok I just noticed both have been DVD+r. I will try and get some and see what happens.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ciper said:
Mrkinator said:
i don't have starfall installed, so it's not that for me. I used tona's patchmii, but I don't think that's the prob. So is it the common-key?
Tona's patchmii CIOS DOES NOT WORK. Did you click the link I posted?
Crap sorry ciper
shy.gif
, I was at school and I must have missed it. I'll try and install waninkokos IOS then. Thanks!

Edit: My DVD-R worked! Thanks everyone!

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think we've found out (me from personal experience) that is seems that the only DVD that can be used are DVD-Rs. Everything else always gives people problems, ESPECIALLY RWs.

DO NOT USE DVD+/-RW PEOPLE.

Once people switch to DVD-R, everything always seems to work fine, lol. Someone should put it in a FAQ or something.

Cresh07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
Hey guys, I think we've found out (me from personal experience) that is seems that the only DVD that can be used are DVD-Rs. Everything else always gives people problems, ESPECIALLY RWs.

DO NOT USE DVD+/-RW PEOPLE.

Once people switch to DVD-R, everything always seems to work fine, lol. Someone should put it in a FAQ or something.

Actually once i started setting the booktype i had no problem using +R but it is one more step that you have to put up with.

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using DVD-Rs and am still unable to boot any of my backups. I will try another brand of DVD-Rs and maybe another DVD burner.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lunasicc said:
I've been using DVD-Rs and am still unable to boot any of my backups. I will try another brand of DVD-Rs and maybe another DVD burner.
Tell us the specific error / problem

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD Identity Error and -4100 on each Loader respectively. Tried Star Wars Force Unleased and Budokai 3, three times each. All 6 times, using different burn speeds (4x and 8x) and used both Imgburn and Nero 8 all on DVD-R that I got from COSTCO(50 pack). Not sure what brand but they are purplish on the bottom and have a white canvas on top.

Also, Ive made sure I uninstalled everything on my WII (which means Cios, starfall and dvdx) then did a complete reinstall of everything, followed the instructions provided by the backup loaders and tutorials here to a T.

I have a feeling its the DVD burner. Will try it on my Apple once I get some other brand DVDs.

I really appreciate all the help and support you guys are doing.

lunasicc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the CIOS that was included in Waninoko's loader (don't remember the exact file name but am positive it wasn't the patchmii CIOS) and installed DVDX using advance option and installed it on CIOS249.

jayrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lunasicc said:
DVD Identity Error and -4100 on each Loader respectively. Tried Star Wars Force Unleased and Budokai 3, three times each. All 6 times, using different burn speeds (4x and 8x) and used both Imgburn and Nero 8 all on DVD-R that I got from COSTCO(50 pack). Not sure what brand but they are purplish on the bottom and have a white canvas on top.

Also, Ive made sure I uninstalled everything on my WII (which means Cios, starfall and dvdx) then did a complete reinstall of everything, followed the instructions provided by the backup loaders and tutorials here to a T.

I have a feeling its the DVD burner. Will try it on my Apple once I get some other brand DVDs.

I really appreciate all the help and support you guys are doing.

I am getting exactly the same problem and I don't know what the issue is. I've tried loading an original Wii disk in the loader and it works fine. Maybe it is our DVD burners.

My media is also DVD-R and I burn at 2x speed.

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use DVD+R and burn with IMGBURN at 2x. I select Book Type to DVD-Rom and it worked first time. I tried burning another iso with out changing book type and it failed to load.

jayrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've fixed my problem today
biggrin.gif

The problem was the disks I was using - TDK DVD-R, the Wii drive obviously doesn't like them. I went out and bought Verbatim DVD-R today used imgburn and did not have to mess about with any booktype settings just burnt on x1 and it was fine.

Hope this helps those who are still getting this DVD error - go out and buy new media that is most likely to be the problem.
lecture.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think I have some steps that everyone should take before burning.

- Make sure you have DVDX installed on your Wii with the Advanced setting using cIOS249. DO. NOT. USE. PATCHMII.
- Do not use +/- RW media. They will NOT work
- Only use +/- R media.
- Make sure your drive's booktype is set to DVD-ROM. If it does not set to DVD-ROM automatically, take the extra step to make it DVD-ROM.
- Check to see what the maximum burn speed on your discs are. Burn at it's maximum first, for example, if your max is 16x, burn at 16x, then work your way down. The slower (higher x = slower) the better

There may be more, but this usually leads to success.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except....

LegendaryXM90 said:
- Check to see what the maximum burn speed on your discs are. Burn at 2x first, then try 4x, then 8x, then 16x. 2x first because it seems to have the most success.

....try to burn at the highest first, then move lower.
Higher speed is better, regardless of what you've heard/think.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LegendaryXM90 said:
Ok, I think I have some steps that everyone should take before burning.

- Make sure you have DVDX installed on your Wii with the Advanced setting using cIOS249. DO. NOT. USE. PATCHMII.
- Do not use +/- RW media. They will NOT work
- Only use +/- R media.
- Make sure your drive's booktype is set to DVD-ROM. If it does not set to DVD-ROM automatically, take the extra step to make it DVD-ROM.
- Check to see what the maximum burn speed on your discs are. Burn at 2x first, then try 4x, then 8x, then 16x. 2x first because it seems to have the most success.

There may be more, but this usually leads to success.

That post should be stickied since those are usually the main problems it seems

noobwarrior7 said:
except....

QUOTE(LegendaryXM90 @ Oct 1 2008, 01:38 PM) - Check to see what the maximum burn speed on your discs are. Burn at 2x first, then try 4x, then 8x, then 16x. 2x first because it seems to have the most success.

....try to burn at the highest first, then move lower.
Higher speed is better, regardless of what you've heard/think.
Yeah, they're meant to be burned at the max usually (but for some reason,I set IMGburn auto max but it burned at 2-4x but the disc was 8x)

And Mario Super Sluggers works great now. Thanks again everyone! Oh and I tried the DVD+R I had, but IMGburn didn't change it DVD-ROM. Oh well
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +1
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/-mouJmHo954?feature=shared&t=76