bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I figure I'll start a Durarara!! Thread, since there isn't one. Not that you guys watch it, but I figure I'd call some attention to it if anything.
So at the time of writing this, the series is on episode 9, and it's taken me about 7 episodes to actually come to like it, but It's been a part of my week for a few months now, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Anybody else have any opinions on this series?
I'd say it's got a lot of main characters, and has trouble switching between them throughout the series, but it begins tying everyone together as the series progresses.
Episode 8 made me feel like I was the stupidest person in the world, it was just, how didn't I see it coming?
Anyway, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of anime.

Spoilers insue! Current episodes will be discussed. (you've been warned)

Also, might as well post a link to the Durarara Chat thingy that seems to be catching on a bit more.
http://ikebukuro-dollars.com/
It's pretty cool, I'd say go check it out sometime.
(I'll be on as Bammer if I'm ever on due to the character limit)

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
bnwchbammer said:
So I figure I'll start a Durarara!! Thread, since there isn't one. Not that you guys watch it, but I figure I'd call some attention to it if anything.
So at the time of writing this, the series is on episode 9, and it's taken me about 7 episodes to actually come to like it, but It's been a part of my week for a few months now, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Anybody else have any opinions on this series?
I'd say it's got a lot of main characters, and has trouble switching between them throughout the series, but it begins tying everyone together as the series progresses.
Episode 8 made me feel like I was the stupidest person in the world, it was just, how didn't I see it coming?
Anyway, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of anime.
By what you said in the spoiler I take it you mean
reaslising that selty's head is seiji's girlfriend? I thought it was pretty obvious with the scar and all
tongue.gif
But I am enjoying this series, first few episodes were pretty boring but now it's starting to get alot better.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I still like Baccano! a little more than Durarara, but they're both my favorite animus of all time.
Right behind GL

Oh, and if you guys want to spoil yourselves, there's a person who's been translating some parts of the novel here and there.

http://anni-fiesta.livejournal.com/

I did spoil myself with a lot of things, but I'm still going to watch the animu, as there's tons of things that haven't been properly explained. Best animu last season, and probably will be this year.

bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice, though I don't exactly wanna spoil anything. I'm loving the animation, and I've read enough manga of everything else, so it feels nice to actually watch something. Anyway, new episode drops tomorrow, as always I'm looking forward to it.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's a great series. I really wasn't expecting much since I haven't seen Bacanno. I just started watching it because I needed another series to watch, but once the story started I was pleasantly surprised.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Woah...
No way in hell did I expect Mikado to be one of the founders of Dollars, that episode was quite confusing though and didn't realize it was going as a flashback for half of it until near the end.

bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Woah...
No way in hell did I expect Mikado to be one of the founders of Dollars, that episode was quite confusing though and didn't realize it was going as a flashback for half of it until near the end.

yeah man, seriously didn't see that comin. Though they did well in explaining it. Think that's how Moot felt? hehe. Anyway, the series is still gaining momentum, and it seems to only get better.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Great 11th episode, I like that finally everything starts to come toghether, and
Mikado mobilizing the Dollars was great I thought he would have stayed ball-less for the entire show

Selty going mad was great too.

bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something's obviously gonna develop with Selty... Mikado was just held up with a knife, so do you think Izaya's gonna do somethin about that? Maybe Selty, maybe Selty's head??
And what happened with that one person who was all black in the alley with a knife and killed the yellow scarfs guys?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bnwchbammer said:
Something's obviously gonna develop with Selty... Mikado was just held up with a knife, so do you think Izaya's gonna do somethin about that? Maybe Selty, maybe Selty's head??
And what happened with that one person who was all black in the alley with a knife and killed the yellow scarfs guys?

It'll get explained pretty soon.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Izaya said he is interested in human behavior, so I think he just creates situations to see how to develop for his own entertainment (like the suicide girl from the beginning).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc