Hacking DumpsterU - Wii U Harddrive Dumper

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
there's a two-byte change with the seeprom with every dump, which I don't understand. I'm aware of the sequential change, but this doesn't really make sense to me. I don't know what the two bytes do, but those are the only changes.
It isn't important, the important part is the seed in the seeprom, which is at 0xb0-0xc0. It won't change every dump, but only every system format (will increase by one)
I edited my comment with a second link that explains that better:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/seeprom2sd-by-dimok.450172/page-2#post-6870549

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and, btw, is that via hex or decimal that you want to decrease by one, because I noticed that the versions.bin uses decimal values for each version of stuff you have installed?

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
when you say decrease by one, do you mean like if you formatted, then you wanted to read the usb hdd after dumping the seeprom after the format?
Yes excatly.
and, btw, is that via hex or decimal that you want to decrease by one, because I noticed that the versions.bin uses decimal values for each version of stuff you have installed?
hex

Reactions: godreborn

mattsxp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would one go about modifying the file to decrease by one? I'm encountering the 'bad key' error and think that might be the solution to my problem, but I have no idea how to modify the .bin file.

edit: nvm, I just learned what hexed.it is. Still, unfortunately, having no luck decreasing hex 0xBF (decreased from 1E all the way back to 00 :().

Last edited by mattsxp,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My goal is to have all my injects and Wii U Wup installed games be converted back to Wup files for backup purposes. In case my Wii U ever died I could just get another one and re-install everything, I'm also going to backup my saves.

I see on the first page this will not automatically accomplish this. How would I go about getting the ticket for each installed game?

Reactions: fatherjack

TheJster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk why but whenever i try to go on dumpsterU i dont see any of my games on it, ive dumped the otp and seeprom nands multiple times and i still dont see anything

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    54.9 KB · Views: 48

Mc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I make physical games saves appear? Everytime I use this app, it just show the downloaded ones.

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i have a working hdd that the wii u no longer identifies because the enclosure i used with it died, can i transfer the data from this hdd to a new hdd with this tool?

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
so can i extract the whole file structure rather than export game by game? if so can i transfer the whole file structure to the new hdd via ftpiiU and have the titles working?

(sorry for double posting i thought both posts would merge)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so can i extract the whole file structure rather than export game by game? if so can i transfer the whole file structure to the new hdd via ftpiiU and have the titles working?

(sorry for double posting i thought both posts would merge)
It may be possible, I'm not sure. You don't have much to lose at this point. Test with 1 game just to see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny