Hacking Dumping retail cart and save with GW - no luck.

hopkins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello there my friends!

I've recently bought a GateWay card for my 3DS (fw 4.4) for dumping my retail games. I've wanted to dump my Ocarina of Time (EU) cart and save from it to have all in one microsd. The game and the save dumps just fine with no errors. I'm using 9.4 emuNAND.

But there's the problem - placed and renamed correctly the *.sav file (128kb of course...) on my 3DS SD card, renamed game to a *.3dz file and placed on GW card. Booting up the game - and the sad screen of corrupted save file appears. Anytime, anyhow i've tried to do it. Just no luck.

Tried it even with this tutorial - http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Hacking_FAQ#Can_I_save_my_current_progress_to_SD_card.3F and still this sad screen of corrupted save file.

I've played the game and save it only on my 4.4 firmware 3DS.

Any help? Thanks! :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
128kb saves have a problem, gw does not properly support dumping them or loading them back with the rom (one or the other), sorry. maybe they will fix it in the future.

you can dump pokemon saves (dump the whole rom and extract the save from it), just most likely it will not work with your GW because the save encryption is too new. maybe the new gw exploit will make them useable though.

hopkins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's no good. Let's hope they'll fix it someday in the future.
Or there is another, succesful way to dump retail games saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1