Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are the menu fonts in Firefox hardcoded into it, or are they controled by the OS and whatnot, or can they be changed.

I'd like to use a font called Cantarell in Firefox, I use Arch Linux by the way.

It it's hardcoded, that's fine I'll just like with it. If not I'd like to hear how to do this, as I've tried editiing all the font settings and nothing seems to change the font theme for the Firefox Menus (Seems to be stuck on either Sans Serif or Sans). I checked the first Font config by the way (Porportional IIRC), and it only has Sans and Sans Serif, which I hope isn't the setting that controls this.

I'd just like a font that goes well with my persona theme (8-Bit Megaman is awesome)

I can't believe I'm asking this, I've got a pretty good computer background, but I can't figure out something as simple as this.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that you can change that in the Firefox's options menu like you stated, and then uncheck the box that says "Let Web Pages use other fonts" or something.

I haven't done this before, so I can't really help you for that.

Nimbus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
I believe that you can change that in the Firefox's options menu like you stated, and then uncheck the box that says "Let Web Pages use other fonts" or something.

I haven't done this before, so I can't really help you for that.

I'm not looking to make pages use the fonts I've given them.

I'm talking about the actual Firefox window, like the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, and Help menu and stuff like that. No matter what setting I change in the font settings, nothing changes.

I'll muck with the CSS file as Satangel suggested, and report back if I find anything later today.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay. Sorry then! I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to go into the about:config for that one.

Good luck!
biggrin.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell, if you figure out how to get that working, lemme know. I want to go to people's houses and change their Firefox font to Wingdings.
tongue.gif

Nimbus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just found out it's something to do with the desktop environment I use in Linux.

Gnome = Cantell
Openbox = Serif or Sans
KDE = Droid Sans

So it's not Firefox itself that's controling the menu font.

This makes it even easier for me to fix it in Linux, as I know what could be causing it now.

Thanks for your help people. Even though it didn't really get anywhere, I still apreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1