Ultimate Method to Block updates 9.0

RetroBros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I just want to know the Absolute best way to block PS4 updates (9.0).

I'm down to experiment with HB I just can't or won't unless I know the very best way to prevent the process entirely forever and ever.

I'm reading to discover this, I hear dns changing (which I get) I hear updating with an app that'll duplicate the files needed with a bad one to cause it's fail (this I get) I hear turning off adding more than one user so they can't reset dns or even apply disk updates (this I get) and I also heard disconnecting the CD drive which is supposedly the best way (this I don't get).

I feel like there's either to many that are just spreading misinformation or this info is just spread leaving me to find the info with a lot of differing opinions.

Can I please please ask for help here. All I want no matter what is to lock the updates down for ever. Some apps seems better than others and I keep hearing in each channel that "Somehow" these updates still get applied.

Honestly, I'd just never use the internet on the system if its the actual best way to avoid the updates. I'd pull the disk drive if it's true that'll it'll stop all updates. What's the point of running around with scissors if you could end up with only one eye.

I am asking, please. I never heard this kinda stuff happening on my Wii, Wii u and vita and I just don't want to waste my time losing all the work I've yet to do. Even on my other consoles I'd never consider it actually JB if the potential was that I'd be locked back into the box.

Any perfect guides on this? All guides walk how to JB, not the expects errors or issues to avoid at all costs.

Someone who has experience with this please help me here. I'd like to set it up for my kids and I just dont want to deal with finding it all wasted over a mistake. I'm not interested anymore in pc emulation with the stutters and BS that happens with allll the settings. Nothings more irritating than having to modify game files for every game we play on, hence why I'd just like to play in the actual system.

Please help me out here, guides, pointers and experinces - Ty kindly

🤓

Ashish999

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi All,

I just want to know the Absolute best way to block PS4 updates (9.0).

I'm down to experiment with HB I just can't or won't unless I know the very best way to prevent the process entirely forever and ever.

I'm reading to discover this, I hear dns changing (which I get) I hear updating with an app that'll duplicate the files needed with a bad one to cause it's fail (this I get) I hear turning off adding more than one user so they can't reset dns or even apply disk updates (this I get) and I also heard disconnecting the CD drive which is supposedly the best way (this I don't get).

I feel like there's either to many that are just spreading misinformation or this info is just spread leaving me to find the info with a lot of differing opinions.

Can I please please ask for help here. All I want no matter what is to lock the updates down for ever. Some apps seems better than others and I keep hearing in each channel that "Somehow" these updates still get applied.

Honestly, I'd just never use the internet on the system if its the actual best way to avoid the updates. I'd pull the disk drive if it's true that'll it'll stop all updates. What's the point of running around with scissors if you could end up with only one eye.

I am asking, please. I never heard this kinda stuff happening on my Wii, Wii u and vita and I just don't want to waste my time losing all the work I've yet to do. Even on my other consoles I'd never consider it actually JB if the potential was that I'd be locked back into the box.

Any perfect guides on this? All guides walk how to JB, not the expects errors or issues to avoid at all costs.

Someone who has experience with this please help me here. I'd like to set it up for my kids and I just dont want to deal with finding it all wasted over a mistake. I'm not interested anymore in pc emulation with the stutters and BS that happens with allll the settings. Nothings more irritating than having to modify game files for every game we play on, hence why I'd just like to play in the actual system.

Please help me out here, guides, pointers and experinces - Ty kindly

🤓
Watch this video...

Reactions: Mo Poge

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Self host the jailbreak. When you setup the device you only connect the self host device. Cache the self host and untick connect to the Internet. Never connect to the Internet. If you ever need to clear your cache for whatever reason, you only ever need to connect to your device. (Raspberry Pi, ESP, etc)

Last edited by bbqtool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly