duff wiimote?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by masher, Dec 3, 2009.

Dec 3, 2009

duff wiimote? by masher at 11:18 AM (717 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. masher
    OP

Newcomer masher Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have a wiimote, not sure if it is playing silly buggers or not, but just need some advice.

When i power on the wii the wiimote is working via the pointer, i can point and click, this is fine.
    But when i go and play a game that requires any movement the controller dont work, ie playing
    mario party 8 i cannot hit the dice,etc,etc....

Something strange also happened, the cursor was upside down, after reading many reports i gave
    the controller a whack and this seemed to of sorted that problem, but it seems on games where i need
    to move the controller to control something it dont work propely, i have re-syced it as well and changed
    the batteries, is it knackered?

2. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Sounds like your motion sensor went kaput. [​IMG]

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    All I've heard of to fix it is to turn it over and give it a sharp slap on the underside of the remote, but it sounds like you've already given it a bit of welly.

4. masher
    OP

Newcomer masher Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    dont think it is the motion sensor......as me other 2 wiimotes work fine.....

someone mentioned laying on a flat surface for 15 minutes, although i think they may be pulling me plonker!

5. hatredg0d

Member hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Each remote has its own motion sensor. motion sensor and IR sensor are different.

6. Cresh07

Newcomer Cresh07 Advanced Member

United States
    What is probably bad is the accelerometers in the wiimote. It is separate from the ir sensor (witch is used for pointing at the screen). The accelerometer is used for other motion based actions (i.e. hitting the dice in mario party 8, steering in mario kart (and other racing games), and basically any time a game requires you to shake the wiimote.)