Hardware duff wiimote?

masher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a wiimote, not sure if it is playing silly buggers or not, but just need some advice.

When i power on the wii the wiimote is working via the pointer, i can point and click, this is fine.
But when i go and play a game that requires any movement the controller dont work, ie playing
mario party 8 i cannot hit the dice,etc,etc....

Something strange also happened, the cursor was upside down, after reading many reports i gave
the controller a whack and this seemed to of sorted that problem, but it seems on games where i need
to move the controller to control something it dont work propely, i have re-syced it as well and changed
the batteries, is it knackered?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sounds like your motion sensor went kaput.
frown.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
All I've heard of to fix it is to turn it over and give it a sharp slap on the underside of the remote, but it sounds like you've already given it a bit of welly.

masher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont think it is the motion sensor......as me other 2 wiimotes work fine.....

someone mentioned laying on a flat surface for 15 minutes, although i think they may be pulling me plonker!

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masher said:
dont think it is the motion sensor......as me other 2 wiimotes work fine.....

someone mentioned laying on a flat surface for 15 minutes, although i think they may be pulling me plonker!

Each remote has its own motion sensor. motion sensor and IR sensor are different.

Cresh07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is probably bad is the accelerometers in the wiimote. It is separate from the ir sensor (witch is used for pointing at the screen). The accelerometer is used for other motion based actions (i.e. hitting the dice in mario party 8, steering in mario kart (and other racing games), and basically any time a game requires you to shake the wiimote.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1