Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's good that someone's working on this, if only for the fact that this is the only dating sim for girls (that I know of) that has sexy minigames.

However, if you're in need of an English editor, I'd be glad to help. That's the only way I'm able to contribute. m(_ _)m
I'm unfortunate in that way too. Though I'm horrible at dating sims, so I wouldn't even be able to help.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Need a programmer... will pay, p.m. me.

Edit: to add
After a little investigation I convinced the compression is some form of yaz0 or yaz0 lz variant.
http://www.amnoid.de/gc/yaz0.txt linked without permission. which fits pretty much everything except the yklz header and the pth header file for the ptd file.

Although it seems to be missing a little on the compression. Further investigation seems to hint that someone has made headway on Yang-Kieffer (YK) in actual implementation.
SO if any programmer can see the parallel I am talking about here and thinks they can use the code provided in yaz0 link let me know. Also if they have a way to implement the aforementioned YK let me know... (yes I may be able to pay you)...

edit 25/03/2012
need to check memory dump for files that are not compressed from the ptd pth container files. looking specifically for a compressed and non compressed flag in the pth file. if I can get away with decompressing them all and just turning that flag on or off depending on whether i have to do something to those files. this way I may have a way around getting a programmer to help me. just a lot more work then I was thinking.
i was just thinking that I should get to doing something on this game and priority wise I will (after I dump the script form zoids battle coloseum). Its either i do somehting or have this thread closed.
Total 12 programmers that have been in contact with me on some form or way and nothing has really come from it. this last one I will wait another month for them to get back but after that... If I haven't dumped the 6900+ pointers from zoids by then I may consider dropping this. If the attraction of actual money for this does nothing...oy...

edit again11/04/2012
so kadokawa shoten... it took a crap load more research then I thought but there is a tie in between the one psp game that also has yklz compression. (which I am sure someone else has figured out but hasn't shared how yet...)
Kadokawa shoten.... and duel love ... a very loose and tenuous connection to IMJ studios. which still leaves me no where. I should correct myself other than where I was left off with what jjjewel figured out.
Directly dumping the files from memory is not working. But I am now very sure that if I was able to decompress them inserting them back (uncompressed) will not be a problem. the chinese thread seems to indicate a slight variance of lz77. the bms script used also seems to point to a generic lz77. though ct2 can't seem to decompress it right. If there was a way to decompress it from just at the right point... with yaz0... sigh...

charliBenson33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you dont close this thread :( I wish i could help in some way! But im glad to see you still care ab the project!
Im dying to find out what these sexy anime dudes are saying to me *hehe*

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Have you figured out the compression yet? I still can't find if it's any kind of existing compression or just a custom compression specific to this game. But some manual manipulation would let you decompress the files and reinsert the decompressed scripts back without problem. (You'll need to change some code in the .pth file though.)

https://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/u...ng-projects/003

I can't recall how I did the manual decompression but the basis is similar to what was discussed in this topic.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,12638.0.html
(It's not exactly the same, but the concepts are similar.)

Some of the extracted script looks like this;
CODE

jikanido_in
?--------------------------------?
jikanido_in

??
Clerk

?

??????
??????

??????
??????

???
???????????
?????????????????

-san,
welcome to Keio Academy.
Hope you enjoy your life here.

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 1

Round 1???????
Round 1?School's Secret

bg05_a
bg05_a

hidukehenko_in
hidukehenko_in

bgm25
bgm25

PLACE ?????????
PLACE Early October

?????????????????

(I've just transferred to this
Keio Academy.)

???????????????
??????????????

My homeroom teacher must have
been waiting for me in the staff
room. I'd better hurry there.

se008
se008

kakudai_b_out
kakudai_b_out

This is what I have left on my computer. I can't find which folder I keep my work when I tried to hack this game. I might have saved the folder to a CD or something. I'll post some more info if I can find it.
happy.gif

Edited:
Here's some more info on the compression for YKLZ. (big pic in the spoiler tag.)

It's a little rough and I'm not sure if there's something more complicated in the compression. But the basic should be something like I explain in the pic.
happy.gif

duellovecompression.png

Here's the links for the above files in case someone might want to try writing a program to decompress it.

Original compressed file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o5xkb13dsjcvk0s/sc1010.bfs.bak
Decompressed file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2rmxlh6n6abtlik/sc1010.bfs

(Note: Some of the bytes might be slightly off or were modified somehow. It's possible that I might change a few bytes to test something, but I can't remember which file I tested.)

A few more notes for some codes used in this game.
-hiduke ?? Date
-henko = change (hidukehenko = date change)
-jikanido ???? Time Change
-kakudai Enlarge effect
-hikido Sliding door effect
So right after the yklz is 000001 which after a little poking around is hex magic number for 65536. Also set sometimes for a limit for compression or max number of files to compress. This may be important as lz type 10 compression is indicated twice right after that with the 0A (in hex 10) right before a file size (reversed) then with an actual 10 (again with the file size reversed). What I don't get is why list the file size and compression type twice. Also if that 65536 limit would affect how said type10 lz compression would be compressed (or decompressed)?... That limit might explain the differences between your decompressed sc1010 and my ct2 type10 sc1010. Which by the way are pretty close to each other.

In other news I do have a programmer looking into a way to implement Yang Keiffer lz compression/decompression... no idea if it will work for this. The good news is that inserting files back is not going to be a problem. That is the one thing I can handle no problem. It is just decompressing them that is being a pain.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So right after the yklz is 000001 which after a little poking around is hex magic number for 65536. Also set sometimes for a limit for compression or max number of files to compress. This may be important as lz type 10 compression is indicated twice right after that with the 0A (in hex 10) right before a file size (reversed) then with an actual 10 (again with the file size reversed). What I don't get is why list the file size and compression type twice. Also if that 65536 limit would affect how said type10 lz compression would be compressed (or decompressed)?... That limit might explain the differences between your decompressed sc1010 and my ct2 type10 sc1010. Which by the way are pretty close to each other.
I don't really know much about the file structure. I'd say, just ignore why it listed the filesize twice. It might have something to do with how the game read compressed files but I don't think it has anything to do with the programming. Trying to figure out why might lead you nowhere.

Anyway, it's absolutely not LZ10 or LZ11. This game just uses similar concept for compression/decompression but you can't use the available programs that handle LZ10 or 11 to decompress the files.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well since it has been almost a year since this thread was posted in and way more than that since I have actually worked on this. Worse there are others working on a quide/this... that has gotten much further along then I have.... I would like this thread closed. Consider this project dead (at least for me). If you would like to take this on please do so. I would love to see it translated. Sigh....

for no other reason than I have let myself down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P