Gaming Dual Strike or Days of Ruin?

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which one do you guys prefer? For some reason I like Dual Strike MUCH better. I like the old style animated units and I love fighting on two fronts. Plus the CO powers and attributes is appealing. In Days of Ruin the story is kinda funky and the COs don't seem much different from each other.

Any word on a new Advanced Wars? Advanced Wars is my favorite game on NDS!

Posts merged

Days of Ruin felt like it took a step backwards

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and battle graphics for days of ruin is the most sloppy and shitty i've seen. for god sakes the Anti-Air guns are facing ground level when I shoot down copters. The artillery barrels do not move. Everything looks like paper mario. ffs they really screwed it =P

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i found it terrible how basically everyone was the same in days of ruin... and the missions were terribly annoying with their weird meteorite-force-fields and crap...

dual strike was great, even with all the anime chars and stuff everybodys ranting about

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
i found it terrible how basically everyone was the same in days of ruin... and the missions were terribly annoying with their weird meteorite-force-fields and crap...

dual strike was great, even with all the anime chars and stuff everybodys ranting about

ty! lol there are a lot of characters and it (dual strike) sure tries to do A LOT. but Id rather have all the anime chars than the piece of crap days of ruin is. there are no new features in days of ruin and all the new features of dual strike were removed! wtf!!!

they need to stick to the original GBA Advance wars and just fine tune the game.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like both for different reasons.

DS for the lighter atmosphere and gameplay elements, plus extra games modes(combat ftw).
DoR for the additional units and WiFi.

But overall I prefer DS because I'm not online much.
tongue.gif

timmyisme22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want my rail-car from Super Famicon Wars!!! (Seriously, it was pretty sweet)

Overall, I'd take Dual-Strike for it's refinement of the classic feel of the "War" series from Nintendo, but Days of Ruin had it's fun moments and it is always fun to get bigger tanks (just watch the into for SFW sometime for a good laugh).

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dual Strike for sure. There is way more content in Dual Strike than in Days of Ruin. I also like the art design a lot more than in Days of Ruin. The whole presentation is better. I also didn't like how CO Powers worked in Days of Ruin.

Stuntbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well damn, now i'm kind of wishing i had started playing dual strike instead of days of ruin first. So far i thought days of ruin was pretty good, kind of like the post appocalyptic story and all that. Guess i'm gonna get started on dual strike though.

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuntbum said:
Well damn, now i'm kind of wishing i had started playing dual strike instead of days of ruin first. So far i thought days of ruin was pretty good, kind of like the post appocalyptic story and all that. Guess i'm gonna get started on dual strike though.

lol its okay bro! finish days of ruin first! if you go to dual strike you will not want to finish days of ruin! ignorance is bliss my friend

yzak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exaltys said:
Dual Strike for sure. There is way more content in Dual Strike than in Days of Ruin. I also like the art design a lot more than in Days of Ruin. The whole presentation is better. I also didn't like how CO Powers worked in Days of Ruin.

couldnt agree with ya more.

to the guy 5 posts above:

I LOVE the first one. such a classic straightforward game. The last level is hella fun as well.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like how both games are completely different, AW-DS is all about the specials, which at sometimes can be really overpowered especially the dual powers, and i like the added rpg elements you can add to your favourite character. AW_DoR is all about the units, i like how units get veteran experience from killing to make them stronger, having COs actually enter the battle is pretty interesting and CO Zones.

The added units from each game are awesome i wish they were in one game, it took me a while to get into Days of Ruin because it wasn't the main cast I was used to for long

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
DoR wasn't terrible but DS still beats it.

There was so much more to do in DS other that just the campaign, I also really liked the RPG elements and the dual powers that were added (they did make the game too easy however).

I like the fact they decided to experiment in DoR and I appreciate the fresh cast. The changes they made weren't that bad really, the increased difficulty was nice too.
I was pissed with how they stripped the war room and shop... that shit kept the game alive once after the campaign was completed.

I'm more annoyed by the fact Fire emblem didn't fucking get a new game on the DS, instead we get poor/dated remakes
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc