Dual Pac-Man Alpha

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Urza, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Urza
    OP

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Dual Pac-Man Alpha
    Two games of Pac-Man at once
    [​IMG]

Think normal Pac-Man is too easy? Try Sebskater29's creation which pits you in two seperate Pac-Man games at once, one in each screen. The d-pad controls the top Pac-Man, while the ABXY buttons control the bottom Pac-Man. Download below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. sepinho

sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    friggin' hilarious idea, great use of the two screens!

But can you actually play the game? I mean, is it even possible for the human brain to process the parallel information from two games at the same time? It's not like I'm running a dual core brain.
    Zaphod Beeblebrox would love it, though.

3. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
  4. guigr

guigr Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    France
    Most important is that it allows 2 players action on the DS. they should use the same control scheme and add the two pac-mans on a single maze.

5. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Prague
    Well maybe rather than two pac-mans on the same maze it could be pretty much the same game with separate life and score and maybe even level for each player. Pac-man race.

When I saw this I was a bit frightened at first, that it would be what I have in mind for a quite new take on pacman, luckily it isn't [​IMG]

6. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    Great for those with uber micro. lol.

7. LiQuid!

LiQuid! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2003
    United States
    I dunno, I guess some people are just robots. Check out this dude play 2-player Ikaruga by himself using both sticks.

8. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Prague
    I once tried playing Flatout 2 on two laptops at the same time. I managed to race a bit with the same level on both but even so it was uber failure [​IMG]

Anyway what about the Masterer, playing 4 different games at once.

[​IMG]

9. sepinho

sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
  10. DespizingU

DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, this dude is freakin' amazing. I saw this a couple years ago when I first started playing Ikaruga, and I'm still nowhere near in this guys league. I have much respect for this him. Being able to blow through one of the hardest shmups ever made is not any easy thing to do(wish Treasure would have made a sequel).

But anyways, playing two pac-man games at once. What a great idea for a homebrew.

11. Tigerstar

Tigerstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    United Kingdom
    I recently played a few rounds of two-player Ouendan 2 on two DSes, playing one with each hand. It's not so hard to follow the actions on screen (because the patterns are the same for both players), but coordinating both styluses accurately enough is a challenge.

12. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Brain overclocking....over heatingggg..

..gone.