Hacking DSTwo save function stopped working

fishy31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, it's me again. Well I got my DSTwo and it's working great! I think I might have gotten the older batch with the crappy power supply since 5/10 times it doesn't boot up, but it still works reguardless.

Anyway I tried the real time save function before and it worked fine, but for some reason it stopped working. Can anybody offer any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it?

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
edited and yes.
So... just to get more details so anyone that might have had the same problem can understand better. You used it before. You try it now and it won't work, okay. Does it give you an error or just wont save without saying anything?
Any photo can help too.

fishy31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... just to get more details so anyone that might have had the same problem can understand better. You used it before. You try it now and it won't work, okay. Does it give you an error or just wont save without saying anything?
Any photo can help too.

The save/load buttons can't be pressed and aren't highlighted.

It's probably because I formatted it with Windows, which I then learned was a bad thing for SDHC cards. Then I tried formatting it with this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows But I get an error trying to do the "full format", and quick format worked, but it didn't fix my problem.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
The rest of the DSTwo features work? I mean, you can enter the menu by pressing LRStart? If not, it is because you're playing the game in clean mode. If you can enter the menu but it wont let you get into the save menu then I'm out of ideas. Did you try to format and put a different firmware? (Not from another card or an older firmware, but using the newest but downloading it, not using the same it had before) Maybe you lost something in the way or it's just a firmware error (Not regarding supercard itself but a file bug or something).

fishy31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the game worked straight out of the package and I was using 4.5.0-10 so I'm pretty sure it's not an update problem And yes the rest of the functions work.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Well the game worked straight out of the package and I was using 4.5.0-10 so I'm pretty sure it's not an update problem And yes the rest of the functions work.
I'm not saying it's an update problem, but maybe a file got corrupted. If you havent tried to put a new firmware, you should.

fishy31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyway is there no way to convert it to a smaller screen like with normal DS cartridges? Playing EBA with the beats hunched on the far left/right of my screen makes it hard to reach.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
anyway is there no way to convert it to a smaller screen like with normal DS cartridges? Playing EBA with the beats hunched on the far left/right of my screen makes it hard to reach.
You should just be able to hold Start/Select while starting it from the main 3DS menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro