Hacking DSTWO Problems

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, I ordered a Supercard DSTWO from Shoptemp with the 1.4 fix and I seem to be having serious problems with it. First of all, the DSTWO itself is thicker than most carts and fits really tightly into my DSi. Second of all, the spring-loaded Micro SD card slot's spring keeps catching on the SD card, making it hard to remove. And now, I'm having problems even getting the thing to work, as the darn thing keeps making the DSi come up with the usual error message "An error has occured. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see blah blah blah..." and when it's not doing that, the stupid thing freezes in game! Im using EOS 1.7 or something (the latest release.) Are these typical problems?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It being thick is a known issue (as the DSi's slot is a tad slimmer than others so some flash carts stick), but the others not so much.

Are you making sure to press down on the microSD to the spring pushes it back up?

For the freeze issue, you want the paper trick. Check the acekard guide, it shows you the paper trick.
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt there is any room to even try the paper trick, I suggest cleaning the slot on your DSi

1.07 is most likely not the problem, it works fine for me

the spring issue does sound weird, I don't have it (i've actually shot my microsd card across the room
tongue.gif
)

Edit: try pushing the card into the slot of the DS on the opposite side of the microsd, and push it in all the way until it clicks

I find that sometimes I just need to reinsert the card to get it to work again

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Supercard DSTwo has been getting progressively worse, freezing midgame once in awhile to now knowning to save every 10-15 minutes as doom will shortly follow. The things too damn tight in the DSi as it is for the paper trick, and now when it doesn't read I need to restart at least 2-3 times just to get it to read again... Do we contact the Supercard team or the place we purchased it from for an exchange?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try ejecting and reinserting the DStwo in the DSi Menu, then waiting 20-30 seconds before booting it up.

As for freezing in-game, I'm not really sure what the problem is. Are you talking about the DS games, or the emulators?

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need to wait at least 10 seconds after the card is inserted or the DS has gone to the system menu from a cold bootup. Because the card needs a few seconds to initialize in the background. As far as the micro SD getting stuck/catching I only had that happen once I guess I didn't do a full pushin on the SD to get it out

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont even work at all now. Every time I put it in it shows as Fish Tycoon (I know thats normal) but it always goes to that damn error screen. It works perfectly fine in my DS phat, Im at a complete loss as for what to do...

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried the paper trick and had a hell of a time trying to get the stupid thing to even fit into the cartridge slot! I tried waiting like posted above and I still keep getting the same error message too. It wont even start it up anymore, it's now 100% of the time the error message...

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Backup your saves and reformat the SD, it might or might not help ( there COULD be a bad file on the SD ). and I use the panasonic formater, just seems to make a SD more stable than formatting with winblows. Sometimes if the gba or snes emulator freezes and it hasnt been properly shutdown it will corrupt many files on the sd. But not ususally my save files

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, looks like the problem's solved, the stupid piece of shit fucking bricked my DSi!
ohnoes.png

Now the DSi just leads in with that bullshit 0000FE00 code that is supposedly the code of death
ohnoes.png

My DSi was perfectly fine until I bought the DSTWO, and in less than a week, the stupid flashcart bricked my system...

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry for your DSi, but it could be that it was bad and the DSTWO had nothing with this. Have you ever tried playing with a retail cart before? If it's under warranty you musn't say that you had a flashcart since it's not certified by Nintendo.

Good luck

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Ive played with retail carts before, and it worked then. The DSTWO only worked twice and on both situations it froze up. Its not under warranty, and of course I wouldnt tell Nintendo about my flashcart!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
i just ordered a Dstwo shuld i be worry about the probles they are saying ?

I haven't had any problems so far except that the DSTwo is a bit of a tight fit (tighter on the Lite than my new XL). Just be sure to get a good MicroSD card (avoid the 16GB Sandisk, it was way too slow even though my 8GB was fine) and always use 32k clusers (the panasonic sd formatter should do that as long as you card is 4gb or larger, otherwise it uses fat16).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
i just ordered a Dstwo shuld i be worry about the probles they are saying ?

How the DSTWO fits will into a DS varies among people. Some DSi and DSi XL users say that it's a tight fit and sometimes hardly able to eject the DSTWO properly. And some DS Lite users (like me) aren't having any problems with the tightness when inserting the DSTWO into the DS slot. Now when I tried inserting the DSTWO in my sister's DS, I could hardly get it out.

Mikehoncho16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Flash carts don't have write access to the DSi... Your DSi just happened to break.

Return it to Nintendo and they'll fix it for free.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/d...na/0000FEFE.jsp
Im sorry, but I recall reading on multiple websites that the SNES emulator can cause this very problem. I also found a guide on GBAtemp on how to fix it, but I dont know if it will work... Ill try it, but Ninty already told me since my warranty is expired that I will have to pay $85 to replace it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast