Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but for other users such as myself that have a 9.9 N3DS and want a DSTWO, wouldn't DSTWO+ be the same thing as the regular DSTWO but with better specs?

Essentially what I'm asking is, would it still work really well as a DS flashcart, minus the 3ds features? I've wanted to buy a dstwo for awhile but If the DSTWO+ is better than the original I wouldn't mind buying that instead.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but for other users such as myself that have a 9.9 N3DS and want a DSTWO, wouldn't DSTWO+ be the same thing as the regular DSTWO but with better specs?

Essentially what I'm asking is, would it still work really well as a DS flashcart, minus the 3ds features? I've wanted to buy a dstwo for awhile but If the DSTWO+ is better than the original I wouldn't mind buying that instead.
Yes

Reactions: urherenow

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't know why people are so upset with supercard releasing what is essentially a clone..... supercard started as a clone company cloning m3 gba carts...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people are so upset with supercard releasing what is essentially a clone..... supercard started as a clone company cloning m3 gba carts...

LOL there is no fucking way the supercard slot 2 flashcarts in no way shape or form that they was clones of M3's flashcarts if u really think that your fucking retarded

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
still, there to late to jump on the 3DS train! it's speeding full throthle on the homebrew tracks and 4.x - 9.2 passengers riding first class while 9.2+ passengers ride second class (except N3DS users who ride also first class), but it's running damned slow on the piracy tracks for 9.2+ users those passengers all ride second class (until a new boost is given, but that boost will not be given by the SC team).
Only time will tell.

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: peteruk

soulskeeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
So does the SuperCard DSTWO plus really wont support anything 9.2+??

what happened to:"*PLUS will support new 3DS versions through an upgradable firmware feature"?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

what happened to:"*PLUS will support new 3DS versions through an upgradable firmware feature"?
It is basically a DS flashcard that can emulate the Gateway red card, so if Gateway doesn't support it, the DSTwo + won't support it either.
As for the "*PLUS will support new 3DS versions through an upgradable firmware feature", I think it is a translation error. Or it can be referring to emuNAND. Or it can refer to Gateway Firmware versions. Or it can also be "*Plus will support New 3DS versions", referring to N3DS support. It is really unclear actually.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was quite obvious from the beginning that the work they were cloning belong to GW. And now, as you can see, they did clone GW. So if GW can't support sysnand beyond 9.2 than DSTWO+ cannot support beyond 9.2

Reactions: Zidapi

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

basically whatever gateway does they will ride its coattails until gateway fucking blocks this cloning parasite with an incoming firmware update...then they'll have to make their own launcher.dat...like they should have done to begin with

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When gateway was still more theoretical than not I saw comments about gateway fanboys; I found it odd as I had seen nothing of the sort.
How times have changed.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When gateway was still more theoretical than not I saw comments about gateway fanboys; I found it odd as I had seen nothing of the sort.
How times have changed.

Fanboys plus people rather not deal with another brickway; which was BS on GW part. I image what would happen if Nintendo or Sony did something like this...lawsuits everywhere...but since this is a moral grey company...screw it. >.>

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fanboys plus people rather not deal with another brickway; which was BS on GW part. I image what would happen if Nintendo or Sony did something like this...lawsuits everywhere...but since this is a moral grey company...screw it. >.>

Two different companies...

And I do believe there were instances where Sony's firmware rendor some ps3's useless. Sony was able to remediate that.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Two different companies...

And I do believe there were instances where Sony's firmware rendor some ps3's useless. Sony was able to remediate that.
"the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your Nintendo 3DS System, will render the system permanently unplayable."
You can't say they didn't warn you.

Also
"You may not publish, copy, modify, reverse engineer, lease, rent, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat, tamper with, or circumvent any of the functions or protections of your Nintendo 3DS, unless otherwise permitted by law."
Legal homebrew confirmed.

Source: 3DS EULA, Section 1 http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/info/en_na/docs.jsp

Last edited by RikuKawai,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
basically whatever gateway does they will ride its coattails until gateway fucking blocks this cloning parasite with an incoming firmware update...then they'll have to make their own launcher.dat...like they should have done to begin with
Just going to throw this out there, it's kind of ironic for pirates to call something parasitic. This is assuming that you are one and if you're not then just take that as a general point of mine.

If Gateway blocks the cart, whatever. If they brick systems that use it then that's a different issue entirely.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just going to throw this out there, it's kind of ironic for pirates to call something parasitic. This is assuming that you are one and if you're not then just take that as a general point of mine.

If Gateway blocks the cart, whatever. If they brick systems that use it then that's a different issue entirely.

oh Gateway doesn't need to brick. I don't think that's right. That's a major dick move. They can use the same detection technology to discover clones to block them with a message....it would be like you boot to gateway launcher.dat without the red card...like how it tells you "some features may not work"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr