Hacking DSTwo not detected by 3DS, DS Lite.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so a couple days ago I turned on my 3DS to play some Love Plus, as I do daily, being a forever alone guy and all. After a joyous moment shared with the ever-so-delightful Rinko I turned off my 3DS and set it on my shelf to charge. Same as always, no error message or anything weird like that. I left my house and came back a few hours later, turned it back on to check my stats and when I tapped the Alex Rider icon I got an error message, not the "An error has occurred, please hold down the power button on your 3DS" one, but an "an error has occurred. Please restart your DS"-ish one. I'm not sure that was the exact text, because it's been about three days since and I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to remembering strings of text. I turned my DS off and took out the cartridge, blew off the pins on both the 3DS and the SCDS2 as I always do, then turned the 3DS back on. Lo and behold, no Alex Rider icon on the menu. I popped it out and then into what's left of my DS Lite and turned that on. Still nothing. At this point I said "Fuck it, I'll head to wal-mart in a few days and buy an SD reader to update it. It's probably just some annoying glitch" and booted up my PSP to play some Purse Owner 3 Portable.
Fast forward a few days, when I headed to wal-mart and bought and SD reader to update it. After getting back to my house I dragged out my laptop, crammed the card reader into an open USB port and downloaded the updates after backing up and then formatting my micro SD with SDFormatter, which is recommended by everyone, ever. I whipped out the mass of glue, duct tape, and sadness that is my DS Lite and shoved the DSTwo into it. I turned it on and, wow, it actually detected it. The icon was not the Alex Rider one that I was used to, however, and was instead a DSTwo icon. It spat out a botched-English "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES" error and I googled around and found out that it's probably not contacting the SD card correctly. Being the tech-wizard I am I blew into the slot and somehow this fixed something and I could update my DSTwo. "OH JOY," I thought, "MY QUEST HAS COME TO AN END," and did a little victory dance around my room before tripping over my desk chair.
Uh, no, actually.
As soon as it finished updating, a menu popped up, same as always, and I could select the same old option to enter the same old menu to select the same old roms from the same old shit I'm used to. A wave of relief coming over me, I selected the option to enter the rom browser and I was greeted by my dear old friend, the frozen black screen. I didn't expect much, as I'm used to this sort of shit from Chinese bootleg products, and just restarted the thing. I was greeted by a freeze at the warning screen. I restarted and then it said there was no game card inserted. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, but my EZFlash expansion pack also started coming up as an expansion pak or something after this. No idea what's up with that.
I've cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and I'm trying various older versions of EOS, as this exact shit has happened to me before if I recall correctly.
Thanks for any help, advice, insanely overly complicated procedures, relevant voodoo rituals, etc, in advance.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the v1.13 for 3DS 3.0.0.5 Download from here.

Make sure you backup of the DStwo files,then format it with Sdformatter 3.0
Uh, yeah, thanks, but I'm aware of that. I bought my first R4 almost as soon as they came out and I've been hanging around here since '08, I'm more than aware of all the stupid mistakes you can make relating to flash cards, because I've made all of them at least twice. Plus, I explicitly mentioned doing both of these things. They are a non-issue at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: