Hacking DSTWO+ not booting into GW mode

PixelWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I just yesterday got the DSTWO+ personally the fact that it allowed me to play GBA, SNES, DS and 3DS games appealed to me. That means I only need the cartridge.

The Gateway plugin that they provide on seemed to be promising for booting into gateway mode but unfortunately not.

I boot the plugin, it does its thing the kicks me to the power off menu like it should but once I go to settings, to other settings, profile and then finally Nintendo DS profile... It should then boot Gateway mode but it doesn't and I have no idea why.

I did everything correctly with launcher.dat on the root of my 3DS SD card, all the updated files from the website on my microSD. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated. Thank you :)

3DS version: Red O3DS
System version: 9.0.0-20E

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly dude save yourself the trouble and use the DSTWO+ for GBA, SNES and DS games and use a CFW for everything else. I know that's not exactly what your question is but the DSTWO+'s gateway plugin was always unstable at best (and triggered gateways brick code at worst). My guess is the DSTWO team hasn't updated the plugin for the latest gateway version (it's still unknown if the brick code still exists (as far as I know)).

edit: cakes is by far the simplest CFW (for the O3DS) to use if you do end up going that route. It's not as feature rich as something like rxtools but it's also not as difficult to install.

Last edited by marksteele,
Reactions: PixelWolf

PixelWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response!

I thought that that might be the case, I'll get on with installing cakes CFW and see where I go from there.

I did initially do that, then downgraded to 9.0.0 but then the thought of having something to do everything I needed in the first place seemed like the easier option :rofl:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to use your DSTwo+ you'll need to stick with Gateway 3.4.1 files to avoid bricking your console. I'm not sure what the firmware limit is there, you probably won't be able to update your emuNAND.

Or you can just install rxTools and keep DSTwo+ for the GBA etc. games. Here is a tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/. Stick with the Gateway launcher from 3.4.1, and your DSTwo+ will actually come in handy as it will make it way easier to get a CIA installer on your sysnand and emunand.

PixelWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to use your DSTwo+ you'll need to stick with Gateway 3.4.1 files to avoid bricking your console. I'm not sure what the firmware limit is there, you probably won't be able to update your emuNAND.

Or you can just install rxTools and keep DSTwo+ for the GBA etc. games. Here is a tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/. Stick with the Gateway launcher from 3.4.1, and your DSTwo+ will actually come in handy as it will make it way easier to get a CIA installer on your sysnand and emunand.

Update:

This helped me so much, I've now managed to set up RXTools, I'm going to use my DSTWO+ to play anything other than 3DS games.

Thank you! :rofl2:

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol