Hacking DSTT screw ups

BoosLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had my DSTT for about 2-3 months now, and for about the last month or so, it has been constantly freezing on me at the NDS health and warning sign.

The warning sign is very faint and the top screen is white, it just freezes like that.

It used to do it once every now and then, but for the last week, it has been screwing up on me every time i try and use it.

If i manage to get into the menu, everythings fine, but it's just the stupid freezing that's putting me off...

Even though i have the R4 as backup, i decided to get the M3 Real perfect pack to replace my DSTT, just for the sake that it supports SDHC.

Overall the DSTT is a great, cheap card, except for the freezing. You get what you pay for i guess....

Has this happened to anyone else?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few DSTT's have been known to have contact problems, which sounds like what you might be experiencing. It's a known problem, so you should contact your seller and exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

co7in

Trophies
XP
Country
very annoying, I have had the same problem with the card I bought for my brother. I have heard of the contact problem but any efforts to resolve this end to no avail, I am currently travelling with my brother, and so cant return it... I bought it just for the journey (though I bought his ds for his b-day)

I had bought the dstt for a few friends (though they paid me back) which had all worked perfectly, so naturally I assumed it would work without problem.

don't really know why I posted this, I am just extremely frustrated currently (as I spent about 1 hour on the plane grappling with this issue, then a half hour here and there)

- The only thing which makes me doubt that it is infact a contact problem is the fact that once it has loaded (to the os menu) it runs smoothly without a hitch...

I don't know whether this would really warrant avoiding the card altogether, as when it does work it's really great, but I would say be careful to make sure you can exchange the card when purchasing it in case of issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over