Hacking DsOrganise

xoinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Eh, I think this has been answered for other cards, but I can't seem to find an answer for EDGE... anyone managed to work around having to hard reset after running DSOrganise everytime? Ive tried 3 methods but all fail...

1) the soft reset function (L+R+ABXY) fails to work whenever I run DSOrganise... (any reason for this??)

2) tried renaming softreset.mse packaged with the moonshell (edge edition) to .nds and running it... but it just hangs

3) tried making a copy of edge.dat and renaming it to .nds, but it hangs at the DLDI patching screen

any advice???? I've set it as my default media player and I really hope to find a soft reset that works

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
You can add a shortcut on DSO (on the page three home screen) that will effectively 'soft-reset' to to your loader.
(I use it to launch back to my AKRPG)

this is from the DSO WiKi:
Shortcut Files

You can place shortcut files inside any directory on your media card to make your file system appear neater. Coupled with hidden directories, this can be used to create a very similar experience to the Start Menu on a Windows machine, among other things. If shortcut files are placed inside the Home directory, they will appear on page three of the home screen. The format for DSOrganize shortcut files is shown below:

The first line of any shortcut must simply contain "dsoshortcut" After that, the shortcut format is flexible, so order is not important and not every field is mandatory. Edit a shortcut like a .ini file, using field=value as the format. Other fields are shown below:

* name - The name of the shortcut. This field will show up as the three line description in the browser, or above the shortcut on the home screen.
* file - A complete unix path to the file you want to link to.
* largeicon - A complete unix path to a 50x50 bmp/gif/png/jpg file that will be used as the icon on the homescreen. If this isn't present, DSOrganize will use the default icon for that particular file.
* alternate - Simply place this word on it's own line to make the shortcut load the alternate action for the file pointed to, such as editing a .html or booting with an alternate loader.

A sample .dss file is shown below:

CODEDSOSHORTCUT
name=My Favorite Song
file=/music/modules/class 10.mod
largeicon=/licon2.bmp
Basically, create a new text document and save it as a .DSS, then follow the WiKi instructions.
smile.gif
hope this helps you out

xoinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
VatoLoco said:
You can add a shortcut on DSO (on the page three home screen) that will effectively 'soft-reset' to to your loader.
(I use it to launch back to my AKRPG)

this is from the DSO WiKi:
Shortcut Files

You can place shortcut files inside any directory on your media card to make your file system appear neater. Coupled with hidden directories, this can be used to create a very similar experience to the Start Menu on a Windows machine, among other things. If shortcut files are placed inside the Home directory, they will appear on page three of the home screen. The format for DSOrganize shortcut files is shown below:

The first line of any shortcut must simply contain "dsoshortcut" After that, the shortcut format is flexible, so order is not important and not every field is mandatory. Edit a shortcut like a .ini file, using field=value as the format. Other fields are shown below:

* name - The name of the shortcut. This field will show up as the three line description in the browser, or above the shortcut on the home screen.
* file - A complete unix path to the file you want to link to.
* largeicon - A complete unix path to a 50x50 bmp/gif/png/jpg file that will be used as the icon on the homescreen. If this isn't present, DSOrganize will use the default icon for that particular file.
* alternate - Simply place this word on it's own line to make the shortcut load the alternate action for the file pointed to, such as editing a .html or booting with an alternate loader.

A sample .dss file is shown below:

CODEDSOSHORTCUT
name=My Favorite Song
file=/music/modules/class 10.mod
largeicon=/licon2.bmp
Basically, create a new text document and save it as a .DSS, then follow the WiKi instructions.
smile.gif
hope this helps you out

hmmm, that i've figured... but i still can't find a working .nds that allows the soft reset back to the EDGE menu... could you just upload the file that your shortcut points to for soft reset??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...