Gaming DSL charger USB vs. normal

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I travel lots and the power cords everywhere are different, is a USB charging cable as good as a standalone normal charger?

Does it take longer to charge? Does it charge as well?

Would it charge as well if plugged into a USB charger that plugs into the wall?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
topicaltapioca said:
I travel lots and the power cords everywhere are different, is a USB charging cable as good as a standalone normal charger?

Does it take longer to charge? Does it charge as well?

Would it charge as well if plugged into a USB charger that plugs into the wall?

Yes, just note that the DS's are not standard USB. They are proprietary. If you are charging your DS from a computer, yes that will take considerably longer than if you were charging from the wall.

What do you mean, does it charge as well? Your question was about how long it took to charge, so you already assumed it charges it.

Yes. A USB charger plugged into the wall will also charge, faster than if you plugged it into a computer.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
topicaltapioca said:
Charge as well, as in is it able to fully charge it? (in a reasonable amount of time, ie less than 8 hours)

I can't give time. Less than 8 hours though? I don't see why not. DS doesn't use that much juice in the first place. Fully charge it? Sure. If it can somewhat charge it, it can just fully charge it (build up the charge).

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yea, I guess a generic google search is a substitute for extensive niche knowledge about handheld gaming consoles.

Thanks for your feedback shiningnegro, that's what I was looking for, one way or the other, just wanted to know.
smile.gif

http://tinyurl.com/632hcv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit +1