Hacking DSL Casing Replacment

Rewindlabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my problem is my touch screen top screen both scratched not a deep gash but its there and i want a new casing so if i replace he case is there anything like there at the touchscreen i can replace to remove scratches im missing here i just want the scratches gone when i do the replacement and any tips on a site with a wide selection of casing sadly i cant find a damn purple case
frown.gif
maybe go with green since my clan has to do with forestry but i dunno anyways thanks for your consideration and why not any1 know the best touch screen cover to get ie it needs to stay on if i pour acid on my ds (fighting aliens of course:P)

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Please use fullstops for the love of all that is good in the world.

Anyway, if you only have slight scratches applying some screen protectors should make them pretty much invisible and also protect against further scratches. Good ones would obviously be official Hori's. You might luck out and find good fakes but I wouldn't risk it.

Rewindlabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Please use fullstops for the love of all that is good in the world.

Anyway, if you only have slight scratches applying some screen protectors should make them pretty much invisible and also protect against further scratches. Good ones would obviously be official Hori's. You might luck out and find good fakes but I wouldn't risk it.

Thanks but as i said i wanna go ahead and replace the case so info on what is the seperation between the stylus and the touchscreen would be nice so i can replace what is scratched when i do my case overhaul thanks for the Hori info
tongue.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well, if you want to replace the case, a case replacement generally comes with the shell and the buttons, not the touchscreen. If you really want a replacement touchscreen, you have to buy that separately, though if your touchscreen is still working fine I wouldn't recommend it. And what do you need the info for the separation of the screen and the stylus for?

Rewindlabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not intriely sure if your reading my posts (Dont open your mouth about punc agian) but i know how these parts operate thats not what im asking and why would a 45$ TS come with a case it not being in the picture i said i did research...anyways there are scratches on the TS what seperates those scrathes am i scratching the actualy touch screen film ie what has the sensors or is there a small film before that so it does not cut the screen or a slit of plastic that will come with the new case as a repacement

simpler what does my stylus touch ie what are the scratches on the touchscreen film itself or something before the actual touch screen sensor that can easily be replaced when i do the case mod getting it yet ?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I only mentioned punctuation once. No need to get so defensive. Jeez.

On the touchsceen, there are 2 layers, the transparent sensor overlay (which is what you want to replace, looks like this http://www.console-spares.co.uk/catalog/in...ref=DSLITETOUCH ), and the actual LCD screen. Yes, when you scratch the screen, you damage the actual plastic of the sensors.

Does that answer your question?

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why help a rude muppet that doesn't make an effort to be understood?
assist the poor fools rehabilitation.

"My sig is oversized if you have a problem read the rules and mod ALL other sigs as i can see ones"
ignorance is no excuse but ignorance and blatant stupidity is even less of one.
says in the rules they will be lenient about it - but maybe this shouldn't apply to those flaming the people enforcing the rules?

Rewindlabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
I only mentioned punctuation once. No need to get so defensive. Jeez.

On the touchsceen, there are 2 layers, the transparent sensor overlay (which is what you want to replace, looks like this http://www.console-spares.co.uk/catalog/in...ref=DSLITETOUCH ), and the actual LCD screen. Yes, when you scratch the screen, you damage the actual plastic of the sensors.

Does that answer your question?

Well i figured since your so what is the word meh w/e but you want to get to the puntation right off the bat youd have no problem running your mouth in the rest of the posts at my remark on the start of that one ether way people always love to talk shit about it and i am not in the mood to hear the bullshit

anyways divineo looks like the best place to grab one hopefully get those removed rather easy as its all working and dandy but my ocd causes me mental instailbilty
tongue.gif
anyways the little help was nice ewww im a muppet im on tv then right o what now biotch ima tv *
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?