I replaced the case/shell on my New 3DSXL, along with the battery. The A button doesn't work as well anymore.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the other buttons on my device work fine. This is at least an 8-year-old 3DS, and the battery was cracking the back shell, it was so swollen.

Replacement went fine, but the A button kind of requires to be mashed all the way down now to register. I can't imagine how just replacing the back case could have done this. Maybe I jostled it around too much?

I'm going to try isopropyl alchol and Q-tips to try to scrub around the button, and use a minivac or some canned air to blow anything in there out.

Anyone else had this happen?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol under the rubber membranes and on the PCB pads will work wonders, and should bring it back to life.
Yeah, I am just terrified to try. I am great with softmods, but anything that requires pulling something apart and trying to put it back together without screwing something up? Kind of scared to do that.

I had to get the chick from Subway next to where I worked to help me install my new windshield wiper blades. When I say I am bad, I am really bad at this.

Reactions: tabzer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
NGL, I broke the 2 zif connectors for my home button and amiibo support on my N3DS XL opening it for the first time. I hate opening any 3DS up.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I am just terrified to try. I am great with softmods, but anything that requires pulling something apart and trying to put it back together without screwing something up? Kind of scared to do that.

I had to get the chick from Subway next to where I worked to help me install my new windshield wiper blades. When I say I am bad, I am really bad at this.
3DSXL is a good place to start practicing. It's not as complicated as smartphones, and some of the ribbons may be tricky to navigate, but you'll learn useful skills and become braver in fixing more advanced things. Youtube is great for this kind of thing. @Jayro is correct, unless you have some sort of messed up situation we haven't seen before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?